Going x To x The x Beach

Illumi rented a car for the small family to drive to the beach, a small red convertible, which they immediately lowered the top, since it's such a nice day you can't stay cooped up in a car.

The trio drives down the road, with Hisoka at the wheel and Illumi in the passenger seat, and Mei settled in the back seat. They both reminded her to buckle, but the straps only go over her lap rather and not across, since there's no metal framework for a proper belt, so she just pretended to belted in as they speed down the highway.

Hisoka's eyes are trained on the road in front of them, one arm propped on the door and the other extended to grip the wheel at the top.

He has on a light-blue shirt and black swim trunks, with a yellow stripe down the side and a red heart on his right thigh. Both hug his body tightly, as Hisoka couldn't just wear something loose, does he look like someone to wear something so plain?

Illumi, on the other hand, has on a plain white t-shirt and purple swim trunks, his being the same length and tightness as Hisoka's, both coming to their mid thigh.

Mei on the other hand, has on a small light pink sundress, with puffy off the shoulder sleeves, which comes down to a little above her knee.

Is she excited to swim and see the ocean? Of course! Is she also terrified of the ocean? Also yes! But no matter, because she's not going to let them see she's afraid? absolutely not.

then ensued a long drive of blasting music and hisoka nearly swerving into oncoming traffic because he was messing with the radio, which resulted in Illumi banning him from touching it, to which Mei mocked Hisoka, making him pout thus Illumi banned her from speaking to Hisoka, which resulted in much more confusion.

but they eventually make it to their destination, and all their quarrels melted away as Mei leans forward on the console, mouth hung open in awe and eyes widened, gaping at the vast blue before her, stretching towards the horizon in a wide, intimidatingly beautiful scene.

the men watch her with amusement, Hisoka having a wide grin in amusement at her utter shock, and illumi has a tiny smile. her childish wonder is something rare to the zoldycks, their spirit was broken as soon as they were able to vocalize needs. crying was unacceptable, one does not complain or demand anything more than is given to them, Illumi learned to understand.

but this excitement is pure and healthy, which is what makes Illumi smile and chuckle at her
curiosity.

Mei seems to snap back to herself in an instant, scrambling to exit the car. she doesn't bother with the door, as she just jumps over the side, not bothering to be modest in her dress. She bounces excitedly as she waits for the two men to join her.

"come on, come on, let's go!" Hisoka closes his door and stretches his arms above his head as illumi simply turns his neck side to side, before reaching into the back seat to grab the beach bag, filled with towels, waters, sunscreen, tanning oil, anything one might need at the beach and more has been stuffed into the handbag.

"Hisoka, why is there a bottle of wine in here?" illumi had said as he inspected the bag right before they left the house. Hisoka simply shrugged as he pulled his shirt over his head.

"what if we get thirsty? and i'm sure those beach restaurants cost an arm and a leg. I thought it would be best to bring our own~" he's right, any restaurant within a 20 mile radius of the beach will up-charge anything they can get away with, so illumi just nods and pushes it back down to the bottom of the bag.

Mei grabbed Hisoka's hand then her other father's, swinging them softly as they made their way from the sandy parking lot to the beach. there weren't too many people around, just enough for it to be good shark protection.