The x Zoldycks

Mei, Hisoka, and Illumi sit on the silent train, all engaged in their own forms of entertainment. Mei has headphones in and is texting Killua, who's already arrived at the estate, while Hisoka builds a little card tower in his lap. Illumi simply stares out the window, on hand in his lap and the other holding his chin.

They've been on the train for more time than Mei thought was necessary, but thankfully Illumi informed her there's a car waiting to pick them up directly after the train stops. This fact brings her some comfort as she watches the green blurs whizz by her window, one after another for another hour until they come screeching into the crusty station.

Mei stretches her sore legs as she stands, moments after the train comes to a screeching halt. Illumi takes lead and Hisoka offers her to go before him, to which she waves off his formal gesture. She is by no means any sort like lady, but she supposes it might be helpful to learn a thing or two.

So she lowers into a polite curtsy, lifting the edges of her top to act as a skirt. They file out and directly into a black limo, with a man standing outside with a door open, standing perfectly straight, not a stray thread or wrinkle in his charcoal suit. Mei refrains from ogling him, since she knows his expensive appearance pales in comparison to her distance relatives.

So she thanks him and slides onto the plush velvet seats next to Illumi, with Hisoka behind her. He stops to talk to the man, who he calls Gotoh, who says nothing but exchanges a strained greeting. Hisoka smirks smugly as he settles in next to Mei.

"Who is that?" She mutters, watching as he slides into the front seat and starts the car. "That is Goto, one of my most loyal butlers." Illumi explains, before turning to the man as he puts the car into motion.

"Goto, this is my daughter, Mei. She is vital to me and by extension the family. Her safety and Hisoka's are your top priority." Illumi says in a tone that shows strictly business. Then it hits her. A butler!

"Yes, sir." Goto nods curtly.

"You have a butler?!" Mei blurts out, before quickly slapping a hand over her mouth. The solemn man looks up in the rear view mirror, before quickly glancing back to the road just as quickly.

A chuckle escapes Hisoka's lips as he drapes an arm over her shoulder. "Oh yes, and there's many more. You know, their butler's quarters is bigger than our house! Isn't that amazing?~" Mei blinks in surprise as she tries to imagine how big that must make the zoldyck's mansion.

Mei's seen big houses, ones she'd consider mansions, but every time one of the men inform her it's simply a two story house.

She loves big houses, with a wrap around porch and white railing, ones with swings on the deck and littered with families having a little gathering outside. She wonders what it would be like with a sibling. Would they have to share a room? Would they get along? She hopes if they ever adopt again Hisoka and Illumi would love them both equally.

About thirty minutes past a large gate, the one Mei recalls Killua telling her about, they arrive at the largest building she's ever seen.

Mansion is an understatement. She's almost unsure it's real, how can such a humungous building exist and be considered a house? And how many people live there?

It's a solid light grey color, almost cream, with cruel, unforgiving curves on the dark grey rooftops, coming to a point on the center of each differently set structure.

A castle would be a more fitting description, Mei thinks. She can't help but lean over Illumi's lap get a closer look, her jaw hung open in amazement. "Holy shit. It's huge! You lived here??" She doesn't care to hide her amazement, her wide eyes landing on Illumi's blank ones.