Chapter 7

"Today is our last practice before the competition, so make it a good one!" Miss Abby shouted. In reply, we all nodded our heads.

I started to stretch with the other girls as Miss Abby started to play some music for us.

Ten minutes later, we finished stretching. Abby gave us extra time today because she wants us to dance our best this weekend. Heading towards my spot in the back, I stood in my pose. Abby started the music while we started dancing.

Chaîné, chaîné, chassé, step jeté, I said inside my head. While we danced, I practiced my emotion because I know the dance by muscle memory.

Finishing the dance, I take in a tremendous amount of air.

"Kendall, work on your point! Nia, fix your legs on those turns! And Maddie, what's going on with your face? You've got the wrong emotions," Abby critiqued. I blushed at her assessment, because that's exactly what I tried to work on. "Okay, let's practice this some more, girls!" Abby announced.

"What's for dinner?" I asked at home. It was eight-thirty, a little late for dinner, but dance literally starves you to death, and I only ate a granola bar beforehand.

"Whatever you can find," my mom replied as she walked upstairs.

Opening the refrigerator door, I hunted for some leftovers. Finally, I noticed some leftover taco meat from last night's dinner and took it out. I placed the meat in a bowl and set it in the microwave to warm up. While the taco meat was being warmed up, I grabbed out a hard taco shell, lettuce, and cheese to use on my taco. Also, I snatched the Doritos from the cupboard, because Doritos are my favorite.

Beep! Beep!

I guess my meat is all done cooking. Clutching the microwave door handle, I pulled out the steaming taco meat from the microwave. Setting the bowl of taco meat on the table, I found a plate from one of the cupboards in the kitchen. I placed the hard taco shell on the plate and spooned out some meat into it. On the taco, I sprinkled some lettuce and cheese. Before I headed over to the kitchen table, I threw a some of Doritos on my plate.

While I ate my late dinner, I watched some Vines. Watching at least ten Vines, I noted that only two were actually funny. When I watch Vines, I love it when they are funny.

Finishing my dinner, I quickly clean up the mess I created from 'cooking' my dinner. I grabed my dance bag from underneath the kitchen table and rushed upstairs.

In my room, I hopped onto my bed and threw my dance bag on the floor. Without even trying to, I fell asleep, even though I was still wearing my long-sleeved crop top and booty shorts.

"Maddie!" I heard my mom call in the morning. Checking my phone, I realized that it was six-thirty two in the morning. "Maddie, we need to leave soon!" I heard my mom again.

As fast as I possibly could, I grasped my one costume from my closet and changed into it. Once I finished, I threw on my Abby Lee jacket hurried over to my vanity to do my hair. I brushed out my greasy hair from not taking a shower last night and pulled it up into a ponytail. I grabbed my bun form and created a bun. When I finished my hair, I seized my makeup kit. I applied liquid foundation, powder foundation, nude-colored eyeshadow, black eyeliner, black mascara, and I left out the blush and lipstick just as Abby instructed. For our dance today, we have to wear some sort of glitter thing. Miss Abby didn't exactly explain to us what it was.

Clutching my costume bag and makeup bag, I practically leaped down the stairs only to find my mom angrily waiting for me. "What took you so long?" she interrogated.

"I'm sorry, I accidentally overslept," I apologized to her.

"Grab something to eat and get in the car," my mom instructed as she walked out into the garage.

I rushed to the cupboard and spotted some blueberry breakfast bars we have. Reaching into the box to grab one of the breakfast bars, I hurried outside and plopped into my seat in the back. I noticed that Mackenzie sat in the front as always.

"I'm so excited! I think this is my favorite solo ever," I heard Kenzie gush to my mom.

"I thought you weren't feeling well," I wondered aloud.

"Nope! I'm perfectly fine!" she exclaimed.

"But you didn't go to school yesterday," I pointed out.

"Yeah, well, I wasn't feeling good yesterday, but yesterday was a different day. Today I'm feeling great!" she answered.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. Suddenly, I heard a ding from a pocket in my Abby Lee jacket. I took out my phone and glanced at it. It was a Snap from Chloe.

Chloe: Are you on your way yet?

Maddie: yep, we just left hbu

Chloe: same here

Maddie: are you nervous for your solo?

Chloe: sorta

Chloe: kinda

Chloe: not really

Maddie: what's your song again?

Chloe: please

Maddie: please what?

Chloe: no, my song is called please!

Maddie: ohhhh

Chloe: you have just the group dance, right?

Maddie: yep, just the usual

I didn't get a response from Chloe until a few minutes later.

Chloe: are you ok?

Maddie: I'm perfect! why?

Chloe: cuz I saw your scars the other day, I just wanted to make sure you're not going to leave soon

Maddie: gtg. mom's making me get off my phone

Chloe: k. bye

Maddie: bye

It's good to know that someone cares about my scars. I just really didn't know that Chloe cared that much, because the day she did notice my scars, she told Mackenzie that I was rude.

Turning off my phone, I looked out the window and fell into deeper thought.

What if I was dead? Would everyone just carry on with their normal lives and forget about me?

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Hey, y'all! So I started reading The Giver by Lois Lowry, and The Legend by Marie Lu. Actually, I finished the Legend in two hours. Is that too short? Anyways, if you haven't ever read either of those two books, go check them out! Obviously after you finish reading my author's note, of course.

I think this book is almost over. I pretty much know how I'm going to end it, but I still need to figure out a few things and I need to write it.

So what'd you think of this chapter? Good? Bad? Comment, vote, add to library, add to reading list, etc.

xoxo,
dancer634♡