𝐈. 𝐒𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡 ━ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

02:19 ●━━━━━━━━──── 03:47⁣
⇆ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ◁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ❚❚ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀▷ ⠀⠀⠀⠀↻

"𝘉𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘻𝘦𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘴" - alt-J

━━☽【♡】☾━━

You open your eyes. The first thing you see is an extremely unfamiliar ceiling. Then you remember: From today this is your new home.

You are a college student of (Y/A) years old and yesterday you finally separated from life with your parents. You breathe deeply as you stretch. As soon as you sit down, you take note of your surroundings. You fell asleep while tidying up your things. You sigh, because you realize how many boxes you still have to empty.

You find your phone in a remote place on the sofa on which you fell asleep and looking forward you notice that it's early in the morning -6.07 am to be precise- and your battery is at 28%. You decide to call your mom before your phone shuts down to let her know you're okay.

"Hello, sweetheart?"

"Hello mom."

"Are you okay? How was the move? How's the place?"

"Yes, Mom, I'm fine. The move went perfectly and the apartment is better than I expected." You look at the room you are in - the living room -, the walls are covered with a yellow wallpaper with a pattern that you haven't framed yet, the sofa you're sitting on and a small bedside table are the only things that give a little of vitality to the environment.

"I'm glad, (Y/N)! Let me know if something's wrong and your dad and I will always be happy to have you back! Are the tenants friendly?"

"Don't worry, mom. I'm old enough to take care of myself and I haven't met any of the tenants yet."

"Anyway, be careful, sweetheart. Have you unpacked yet?"

"Um, no. I fell asleep while doing it."

"Oh sweetheart, I forgot how careless you are! What will I do if something happens to my little girl?!"

"Mooom!" you say almost reproachfully.

"What, sweetheart?"

"I'm about to hang up. Say hello to dad. Love you."

"We love you too. Have fun in college, sweetheart."

With this you close the call, put your cellphone on charge and continue unpacking your things.

You manage to fix your room when you realize you're hungry. You look at the time on your phone - it's past 8 now - and you don't have much food on hand other than water and some snacks but it's too little for you. You decide to go shopping quickly to have something to eat for at least two days.

You've been wearing your favorite pajamas so far and tucked your hair into a bun so it doesn't go over your face. So you decide to change into a simple sweatshirt (color of your choice) and leggings, leaving your hair as it is. You take your wallet and keys and head to the elevator as your apartment, 203, is on the second floor.

You're in the lobby when you see a woman by the mailbox. When you're a few meters from her she notices you.

"Hi dear, you must be the new tenant." She is a woman in her fifties with long brown hair. She has a very kind expression on her face.

"Yes ma'am. My name is (Y/N) (Y/S)."

"Nice to meet you, honey. I'm Lisa Fisher, you can call me Lisa. When did you move in?"

"The pleasure is mine, Lisa. I moved in yesterday."

"Can I ask you why?"

The strange question has left you a little off guard, so you don't answer right away.