Superbat - A Conversation

When Clark got Bruce's distress call he sounded tired but he knew Bruce for a while now, When he got to Gotham, 4 blocks of Gotham were on fire and need in repair

When Clark got Bruce's distress call he sounded tired but he knew Bruce for a while now, When he got to Gotham, 4 blocks of Gotham were on fire and need in repair. Bruce dealt with this before as Bruce Wayne and Batman, but now he knew why Bruce called him this was too much even for Bruce. He used his Ice breath multiple times and helped constructing teams for hours after he was done, Alfred offered Clark to stay so he did.

The Next Day
9 AM

Clark woke up he has never seen Gotham in daylight, It's not like Metropolis it's still somehow gloomy, he wore a blue button up shirt and blue jeans

Clark woke up he has never seen Gotham in daylight, It's not like Metropolis it's still somehow gloomy, he wore a blue button up shirt and blue jeans. He went to the kitchen to get a coffee before he left, he saw Bruce brooding by the sink, he wore a black T-shirt and black jeans.
"You done staring" Bruce turned around to face Clark, Clark got flustered and started making coffee, seeing Clark like this made him smirked, "so this is the first time you called me to help with Gotham, are you okay" Both chuckled. Clark leaned on the counter, Bruce did the same but he was across from him. "I wasn't going to but Alfred convinced me, he thinks after I lost Dick, Jason, Tim and the rest of the family he thinks I need a break" Clark was surprised that he told him about this, The coffee was done he poured it into the cup and added milk and a little too much of sugar. "How did you lose all of them" Clark asked after he took a sip "it's a long story" Bruce told Clark "I have time" Clark took another sip "Don't you have to go work" Bruce told him, Clark checked his watch "work can wait" Clark drank more coffee, Bruce sighed "you're not going to let this go, aren't you" Bruce asked and Clark smiled.

30 Minutes Later

"Then I started to push them away" Clark had to leave but he could tell Bruce needs to talk about this so he stayed "did you try to get in touch with them and apologize" Bruce chuckled.

Clark was confused "yes I did but they're as stubborn as me, when the phone calls and meeting in person didn't work I sended them letters, it's been months since I heard back and now this. Joker bombed 4 city blocks because I wasn't paying attention, it's my fault Gotham ended up like this" Bruce started to tear up, Clark put his mug down he didn't know what to do except step forward and cup Bruce's face and wipe the tears away. "The wound that your kids have won't disappear after one phone call, one meet up or one letter they'll come to their senses and in time realize that you really didn't want to push them away and maybe reach out to you" Bruce tears didn't stop. Clark hugged Bruce, Bruce and Clark were friends but they never talked like this, this was new, Bruce hugged him back then he stopped crying and pulled away but still were close to each other "Since I talked about what was I dealing with, it's your turn" Clark was confused "what do you mean"

Bruce smirked "you can't fool me Clark, you've been odd since you broke up with Lois and you never told me why you did break up with her I thought you and her were THE couple" Clark got annoyed when he said they were THE couple, Clark finally tells Bruce what he realized since he broke up with Lois "I'm being odd because I like someone else that's why I broke up with Lois, and that someone is in the Justice league" Bruce was surprised he started brooding because for a long time he liked Clark, he tried to move on, he even started dating but it only lasted a week and this will effect the team. Then Clark said "it's you, I like you" Bruce froze, his heart was racing everything disappeared Me? Bruce repeated that in his head "Bruce!" Bruce snapped back to reality "you like...me?" Bruce asked Clark "Yes, and it's okay if you don't feel the same, I-I  mean I'm going to need some time but-" Clark started rambling, Bruce chuckled, He felt like he was being judged, "Clark it's okay, I like you too" this time Clark froze, Clark step forward and pulled Bruce to a kiss, it was sloppy at first but then Bruce wrapped his arms around Clark's neck and Clark wrapped his arms around Bruce's waist. Clark couldn't believe it, Bruce couldn't believe it. They have longed for this for a long time, everything disappeared it was just them, the kiss was in sync they didn't want to stop but they were running out of air, they pulled away but still holding each other. "So what now" Bruce asked Clark for the very first time Bruce didn't know what to do, "well I have to go to work now" They let go of each other, "I have to go too, Gotham needs help" After they got their things together they walked out, before Bruce got into his car, Clark grabbed his waist and pulled him to a kiss, Bruce pulled away fromthekiss "we both really have to go" Bruce told Clark "I'll see you later today?" Bruce nodded yes, they kissed and Bruce went to Wayne Enterprises and Clark went to Daily Planet.

To be Continued...