Prologue: Hope's peak, here we come

It all happened... so... quick

I remembered what had happened leading up to this moment...

It started when I arrived and was giving my farewells to my mother and younger brother and sister: Rota and Sachi. They both squeezed my legs while my mother clutched me tightly, knowing she won't be getting any of those hugs from me for a while. It was obvious that they had tears but tried to stay happy for me, but I reassured them that I would write back to them so that they would know how it was going.

I hugged them all one more time before turning to head for the big glass doors. As I walked in, I felt my confidence shift from being high to low; it kept going on repeat.

When I walked into the main hall, I looked around and got a glance of a bright ruby-haired girl standing in some kind of star-like pose with an object in her hand as she stood in front of the closed elevator door. I looked away for a second til the sound of a thud caught my attention. The elevator door had opened: inside was a tall blonde haired girl on the ground rubbing her head and glaring at the ruby-haired girl while she happily skipped into the elevator with her bag and also shot a glance at the blonde girl. The elevator closed as I stood there in confusion; I scratched my head and asked "how did she do that?". I looked around, wondering where to go till I saw a sign that said "take the elevator to floor 1".

"Isn't this the 1st floor though?" I asked myself, but shrugged it off and walked over to the elevator. I was gonna press the button to open it, but it had opened before I could press it.

"Okay?" I spoke to myself as I walked into the elevator. The door closed after I walked in, a female voice was heard saying "please select a floor" I looked at it and noticed, yes, there is a 1st floor. However, the floor I was currently on was not the 1st floor; instead the label said "main hall".

"I guess that makes sense" I said as I pressed floor 1. The female voice then said "going up" as the elevator started going up. I was about to text my mother until half way there, almost to the 1st floor; I felt an intense pressure hitting me. It felt like a migraine. It was getting worse as the elevator kept going, my eyes felt like they were gonna pop out, my ears were ringing; I just couldn't focus.

And then.......I blacked out

When I was starting to regain consciousness, it felt like weeks? Months? Years? I'm not sure, but I felt like I was in a coma.

"Wha?" I struggled to say as my vision tried to clear up, "What happened? Where am I?"

"Oh You're awake! Are you okay? How's your head?" an aqua haired girl said as she placed her hand on my head.

"Huh? My head?" I questioned, but remembered what had happened. My migraines from the elevator had gone away, like it never happened. "I'm fine. Thanks though". I sat up and looked at her; the girl's caramel eye was making contact with mine.

"Where am I? And do you know what happened?" I asked her nervously. I didn't think she would respond, but surprisingly, she did.

"Well from what I saw and what happened to the other students, you were passed out on the floor when the elevator came up" she explained "not sure why you or everyone else passed out because when I used it, I was fine. Also you're in the nurse's office... but there was no nurse in here so I just took care of you."

"I...passed out? And other students?" I asked, but then it came to me, "Other students? Does that mean the two girls I saw when I came are students too? Did they have the same experience as me?" I thought to myself, but if that was true I needed to know.

"Hey, uh whatever your name is-"

"Oh I'm Seara" She introduced

"Okay, Seara, did you see a blonder girl or a ruby haired girl" I asked.