Prologue: Hope's peak, here we come part 3

I wasn't completely sure what time it was but I had a feeling that it had to be somewhere during the evening, seven at least.

I was lying on my bed, just staring at the ceiling and lost in my thoughts. It was silent, just the small sound of the light buzzing. Everything was quiet till the sound of two knocks on the door was heard, it grabbed my attention. I got up to open the door and saw a wrapped box with a ribbon on it sitting in front of my door. I looked down the hallway to see if anyone else got a box, some of the dorms had the same box planted in front of their doors. 

"Strange" I said to myself as I decided to grab the box before closing the door.

I set it on my desk before sitting back on the bed and stared at it. I was contemplating if I should open it.

"What am I debating for?" I thought "I grab it so why not?"

I decided to go over and proceed with caution as I opened it. Pulling the ribbon apart, tearing at the paper, and opening the poorly taped box. The product inside was a dark 3-piece suit, possibly black if not a dark gray, and a black tie.

"A suit?" I questioned out loud "What would this be for?"

I pulled the suit out for anything else, to notice a golden envelope at the bottom. Pulling it out and opening it, the context came to me after reading it.

"Dear fellow student,
As a warm welcome to our new pupils, we've decided to host an open house for you all to make you feel at home! We have also provided you with a formal outfit for the occasion as we wish for you all to show up in the finest looks. We hope to see you there!"

"Oh yeah, the open house" I had remembered

Glancing back at the suit and then the letter, I concluded that I was going to the open house. Recalling back from earlier, it would be a good way for me to know my fellow students more. As I was changing clothes, I felt my brain starting to question a lot of things: 

"What if only I show?" 

"What if I don't go?" 

"Would I miss anything?"

 "What if someone..." 

That last one I had to stop myself from saying, I just knew it was gonna be too much to even think about. 

After I completely switched, I glanced in the mirror in the bathroom one time before heading out. Opening my door, I was greeted by Seara who was about to knock on it.

"Oh, hey seara" I greeted

"Hi, san! I was about to ask if you were going to the open house" she responded

"Yeah, I thought about it and just decided to go"

"Well, I was going to go either way"

"Figure, that's sort of why I decided to go"

"Well, we can go together then!" She quickly grabbed my hand "Come on! We don't wanna miss out"

I quickly closed the door before she pulled me away and led me to where it was being hosted. To my surprise, I thought it was just gonna be us two, Kiara, and Nera but to my surprise, almost all of us were there. 

"San!" I heard my name being called. It was Shuvi, waving at me as he made his way and proceeded to shake my hand aggressively.

"I'm so glad you made it!" he let go of my hand "My, black looks so good on you"

"Thanks, I noticed you're wearing black too" I noticed

"Oh yeah, apparently everyone had to wear black. Huh, you kept your hat on?"