Chapter 1: Kill or be killed part 1

Everything felt calm, a foggy feeling, a slight breeze, a single soul. It almost felt... perfect. The quiet space, it felt like an imaginary paradise, one could live here forever and be free. However, it all came crashing down when dark clouds were forming and the sense of another grabbing the singular soul, pulling him down, trying to suffocate and drag him into the darkness.

Opening my eyes, all I saw was the dark, bare ceiling. I was dreaming? But it felt so real. My mind, there were too many questions: who was dragging me? Where did they come from? The dark clouds? What's the meaning? No answers to any of them.

"Damn" I mumbled under my breath

I turned over, planting my face into my pillow. I wanted that thought, my flooded brain, I just wanted it out, it was too early...Too early? I forgot I guess none of us know the real-time, the outside could be fabricated for all we know.

*knock, knock*

I lifted my head and turned to face the door.

"Coming" I announced

I pushed myself up, off my bed, and made my way to the door, opening it to see who it was.

"Morning, san" Seara greeted

"Oh, hey seara" I responded as I was rubbing my eye.

"I came to check on you, I hope I didn't wake you. If so, I apologize"

"Don't worry, I was already somewhat awake before you came. My dream woke up though"

"A dream? What is that?"

"It's complicated"

She doesn't know what a dream is? Man, how do I even explain it to her?

"I guess a dream is something you experience when you sleep, things just happen in it, whether it's all fabricated or an almost real experience" 

That was the best I could describe it. Dreams are complicated. To be honest, I always thought there was no real reason why they happen, I never understood what causes a dream or why it happens, aside from the occasional dreams that seem like it's trying to tell you something.

"Fascinating" Seara exclaimed "I wonder if I'll have a dream"

"Maybe. It happens when you sleep so let me know if you do get one" I am concerned though. 

There are some things she doesn't know but the most random things she does know. She doesn't know what a dream is but could tell me what room I was in when I first came here. I'm wondering if she lost her memory.

"Is anyone else awake?" I asked

"Yeah, they're in the cafeteria" Seara responded

"Oh, let's go see them. We can still get to know our classmates"

I quickly swiped the key to my room off my desk before closing the door and walking down the hall with seara, making our way to the cafeteria.

"Morning San!" Kiara greeted

"Morning" I greeted back as I went to sit in one of the seats

"Classic stripes, huh?" Nera commented

"Huh?"

"She's been commenting on everyone's nightwear" Mitsuru said

"Oh, my pajamas?"

Mitsuru nodded

"I mean it suits you, the blue color scheme and classic stripes. I think it suits you just fine" Nera noted "and Seara, the teal nightgown looks okay, though I feel like with a woman with your appearance, you might be better looking without the sleeves"