Chapter Seven: Jealousy, Jealousy

It's late but it's here! I'm currently job hunting so that's my main priority but I have inspiration right now and will be using it while it's hot!

Onwards!

⚠️ WARNING: ⚠️
Suggestive content and language

People scream for help from a broken window, black smoke billowing out behind them as the inferno threatens to take them down with the apartment building. The firefighters are quick to reassure them as they get their hoses and gear ready in minutes. A black and white blur flies over them before an icy wind blows through the fifth floor. This causes the fire to hiss in retort while steam obscures the new being from view.

"Look at the sky!" A civilian cries out, pointing at the sky while on a gurney. He's loaded into the back of an ambulance.

"Is it a bird?"

"No, it's a plane!"

"You're wrong, it's... it's..." the steam clears to show one familiar ghost with flames for hair and with muscles for days. "... not Superman."

In true Dan fashion, he gives the civilian a very annoyed and disgusted expression at being compared to the golden boy. However, he doesn't have long to contemplate over roasting them alive for that comment since a scream pierces the air and he whirls to face the building again, seeing a young redheaded man falling from the thirteenth floor. The ghost swoops in to save him, scooping him into his arms and flying him up onto a rooftop across the street.

Still in view of the pedestrians and the arriving news crews.

"You can stop screaming now, you're on solid-"

Dan is cut off by lips pressed to his as the man practically drags him down by the shoulders. He pulls away partially with wide, fear-filled, eyes.

"I am so sorry, please don't kill me."

The ghost slowly blinks, then smirks. "Well, how's that for gratitude?"

The man calms significantly, and with his arms still wrapped around Dan's neck, moves closer until their lips are inches apart. "I can think of more ways that I can thank you, if you'd like." He husks, moving to nip at the ghost's jaw. Dan grabs his hips, bringing him closer and licks at his lips with his forked tongue.

"I would... but..."

"But?"

He squeezes a little hard, causing the tiniest of winces from the human, "I play a little rough." With that, he nips the man's bottom lip before flying him down to solid ground and going back to getting people out of the burning building.

😈👻😈👻

Wally spits out his drink, spraying it all over Dick's coffee table. The younger male rolls his blue eyes and immediately sets to cleaning the mess.

"Did you see that!?" The redhead asks, pointing at the tv as the cameraman zooms in on Dan practically making out with some stranger.

"Yes, Walls."

"That is so not fair! He said he didn't want to get involved with anyone, and yet, he's sticking his tongue down that guy's throat!"

"Well, technically he's not involving himself. He probably meant he didn't want serious, maybe he-"

"Hey, hey! You're my best friend, you take my side. And I can do casual- I could totally do casual." The redhead insists, getting another beer from Dick's fridge and coming back with it.

"Walls, as your best friend- and ex- no, no you really can't."

The speedster pouts. "Okay, but can you blame me," he gestures to the tv as Dan finishes helping and practically poses for the camera, "look at him." Dick nods concedingly before shrugging.