•육•

I'm only going to add whose POV it is when it's not Cova. Otherwise, it usually will be Cova.

Friday September 30th, 2022

Trudging into work the following morning, I left my coat and purse in my office and quickly went down to Ateez's rehearsal room.

"Cova-ssi!" Ha-Rae shouted with a smile as I walked into the mirror-filled room, resulting in all of Ateez turning around and looking at me with awkward smiles.

"Ha-Rae-ssi, what's on the agenda today?" Music filled the once-quiet room, and the song Guerrilla's started to play. Sonni, the other Ateez manager, greeted me, and we started our small morning meeting while the guys practiced.

"The boys are going over their TMA setlist. This reminds me, for the show, you'll be the lead management host for Ateez. This will be your first time doing this, so let me review how it works. You'll be the one who's escorting them everywhere and staying with them and their bodyguards from the moment we get there to the moment we leave. Sonni will be on staff duty, and I'll work with the stage managers to prepare for their set."

It was a big deal for me to be selected as the leading host manager. I usually reside in the area of managing the KQ staff during big shows. But now that Ran-ah was moved to be a manager for the new KQ boys, I guess I got a bit of an upgrade.

"Also," Ha-Rae said, slightly softer than before, extending his hand so Sonni and I could walk past him and out to the hallway. "I just received news that will be a huge shock to the boys."

"Wooyoung gets duct taped during the show?" Sonni joked, causing me to stifle a laugh at the thought.

"That wouldn't be a surprise; it would be a blessing. No, it's quite huge. We just got confirmation from the higher-ups that our boys will be meeting Bangtan Sonyeondan after the show."

The moment Ha-Rae mentioned BTS, my mouth went dry with realization.

I never texted Yoongi last night.

"That's huge!" Sonni beamed as he jumped slightly and clapped his hands, "they're going to freak! When do we tell them?"

"We'll tell them later today after their rehearsal before their photo shoot."

"How did we manage that?" I stuttered out, now even more nervous after realizing I'd be the one to escort them and stand with them during their meeting with BTS.

"We just got an email this morning. Apparently, the members of BTS expressed their want to meet them as well."

My stomach started to twist after I realized this was all said and done just this morning. Did Yoongi have anything to do with this?

Scratch that; Yoongi definitely had something to do with this.

"So, Cova, I'm sure you realize that you'll be meeting BTS along with the boys. I know you're a fan, but try and keep a straight professional face, yeah?" I tried my best not to let the green shade coating my stomach show on my face, and I nodded.

As soon as we were dismissed from our morning meeting, I excused myself to the bathroom and made a run for it. The moment I locked the stall behind me, I scrambled to find the email and copied the number into a new message.

Cova • 7:31 am

I am so sorry for not messaging last night...I didn't get home until a little after 2 am and fell asleep before my head could even touch the pillow. I hope you're having a good day; thank you again for last night.

Playing kiss ass seemed the best possible move for this scenario. I can't believe I forgot to text him. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't message me at all. What a poor excuse for a sub I am.