Chapter 50

Quick disclaimer: there's a cliffhanger at the end of the chapter so you might want to wait until tomorrow if it'll bother you :)

Nikita and me exchanged smiles before we attacked our opponents in synch. I threw a dagger at a guy who aimed at her and she shot some girl that tried to charge at me.

We were so in synch that we probably scored the highest death count out of everyone.

"Malmal we need your help at the river" Archie's voice suddenly chimed in my ear and I immediately stopped and looked over to them.

My eyes searched for him and found him running towards the river full speed. I started running in the same direction and my heart skipped a beat when I saw why.

Ace was fighting off 3 people at once and Tris was lying a few feet away, lifeless and pale.

I locked eyes with Archie and he nodded. We picked up the pace and charged at them. I jumped on one of their backs and stabbed him in the throat with my second dagger.

The most horrific scream left his mouth before I pulled the dagger out. Masses of blood immediately started leaking out of the wound, some flowing down and some in splashes.

I exchanged looks with Ace and he looked more than happy to see me alive and so was I that he was too.

The moment didn't last long because the next people already attacked us. Their only purpose was to kill Ace and everyone that got in their way.

I was done fighting one off when I suddenly felt an eruption from the side. My body whipped to the side and pulled the girl that jumped at me down the hill towards the frozen river with me.

My foot started pulsing and stinging and I could hear my blood thumbing in my ears. I clutched my side and winced at the pain as I realized the stinging in there as well.

Before I could react, the girl almost jumped on top of me and brung a dagger to my throat. Out of a reflex I grabbed the blade and pushed against it but she put all of her body weight on me. It slid down my palms causing them to leak of blood as I screamed in pain. It was nearly impossible for me to fight her off. The blood ran down my sleeves and dropped onto my throat from the edge of the blade.

I knew I had only one chance and if I fucked it up, I'd be done.

I screamed as I used all the strength I had left to push her away from me, ignoring the immense pain in my ribcage and hands.

I took the second I just arranged myself and let go of her hands with my right hand. In the course of a second I rushed my upper body to the side while making a fist and punching her throat with the outer side of my hand.

She stabbed the grass and missed me by millimeters while gagging and bringing her hands to her throat.

I was quick to push her off me and jumped on top of her.

The river was flowing next to us and despite the ice that covered it, the water was so loud, I couldn't hear what was going on one level above us.

As I sat on top of her I choked her as hard as I could. I put all my weight on her and she choked and wiggled uncontrollably. The panic in her eyes was so noticeable, it made me feel uncomfortable.

I was so fixated on her face I hadn't noticed that she had grabbed some of the tiny stones by the water. It only occurred to me when she threw them into my face and they landed in my eyes.

I backed up at the pain the little scratches caused in my eyes and rubbed them, trying to get the stones out of them as fast as I could.

Right as I had them out of my eyes she grabbed a rock and banged it against my temple with a angry scream causing me to fall to the side. My vision got blurry as I felt my head pulsing in pain. With my one hand I supported myself on the frozen ground while holding my temple with the other. It was wet and when I looked at my fingers I saw that they were covered in blood.

Morozovजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें