Chapter 61

A few seconds later the door burst open again followed by several people rushing towards me. Then I felt someone turn me on my back and a slight pinch in my arm. Someone towered over me before they grabbed my face and wiggled my head from side to side but my vision was just as blurry as their drowned out voices.

And then everything went black.

Ace's pov
I was sitting in my office with Jack, transferring some money to our electrician's bank account when suddenly the door was yanked open by no one other than Archie.

We both looked up at him confused but when I saw the worry in his eyes, I immediately knew something was wrong.

"What happened?"

"It's Malmal, she's in the hospital" he blurted out between his heavy breaths causing me to jump up from my chair. To my surprise, Jack did the same. "What?" he burst out earning a frown from both Archie and me.

I grabbed my jacket and rushed out of the office, along the hallways with Archie by my side and Jack close behind.

"She got into a fight with Khalida, that's all I know" Archie said as we turned a corner and my blood started to boil. Why can't she just leave us the fuck alone? And where was Dan when it happened?

We got into the car but right before I wanted to drive off, the door to the back was opened and Jack hopped in.

"What are you doing?" I snapped at him. "I'm coming with you" he stated in a voice full of worry.

"Why do you even care?" Archie asked annoyed as I started the engine and drove off, shaking my head. Neither did I have the time, nor the nerves to question him. "Why do you care?" he asked back in a offended tone. "She's my friend" Archie gave him a confused look.

At the hospital we rushed to the reception. "Elijah Fernandez, I need to see Maria Hemsworth" I almost instructed the woman glaring up at me over her low sitting glasses.

"In what relationship are you?" she asked in a calm voice as she lowered her gaze to the screen and typed something on her keyboard.

"She's my fiancé" I answered impatient, taking a look at my watch. "Room 340" she said in the same monotone voice as she gave me a annoyed look.

I rushed over to the elevator and a minute later we were standing in front of room 340. I turned the doorknob slowly before I entered with Jack and Archie right behind me.

And there she was. Lying on her back, her lower body was tucked under a white blanket and her hands were lying at her sides.

There was severe bruising going out from her nose to her under eyes and a huge bandaid on her right temple along with multiple scratches on her face, neck and hands, some were smaller and some bigger.

Mallory's pov
I opened my eyes as I heard the door being opened. Ace came in along with Jack and Archie. The second Jack and Niveen locked eyes, their expressions turned bitter.

"What are you doing?" Ace cursed in a concerned voice as he sat on the edge of the bed, stroking my cheek with his thumb slightly.

"Where's Khalida? Did they catch her?" I asked as I tried to push myself up with my hands on the sheets but Ace was quick to push me back gently.

"They're having her transferred back to Springbrook hospital as we speak" Dan informed me, causing a feeling of relief to wash over me. "Thank god" I said with a sigh.

"Mal what were you thinking? That was more than dangerous. And where were you?" Ace snapped at Dan who was standing in the corner of the room with his hands folded in front of him.