one

[Introduction Arc]

I pushed myself away from my desk, stretching my arms over my head

I pushed myself away from my desk, stretching my arms over my head. Satisfying 'pop!'s cracked through my joints.

Rubbing my face with my sleeve, I hit "submit" to an assignment without looking it over.

'Surely, it'll be fine,' I thought, standing up and immediately sitting back down as a wave of nausea hit.
I then stood up again, going to grab a glass of water.

I was at home. At least, what I call home. I felt out of place, but with my financial instability, it wasn't like I could travel far. So I just sucked it up.

I saw a few jellyfish impatiently blubbering around the fridge, drifting through the air. Their tentacles are moving in the same pattern as always.

Flicking three times, pause, another flick, pause, then a flick and a twirl.

No matter what creature I see, they do the exact same pattern, again and again.

I never understood why they did that. Once out of curiosity, I put the signals into morse code.

"SEA", it read.

I cracked my neck, and grabbed a used glass from the counter. A seahorse looped around my ring finger, pulling me southeast.

"I can't," I said, unhooking its' tail from my finger. "I'm sorry."

It insisted, and found place on my thumb instead.

I sighed, and carefully poured water into my cup.

An ear-piercing buzzer went off from my phone.

I rushed to look at the notifications on-screen;

"WARNING FOR CITIZENS OF ZONE 10 IN MUSUTAFU, SHIZUOKA PERFECTURE:

VILLAINS ARE ATTACKING CENTRAL HERREN HOTEL. LOCK YOUR DOORS, CLOSE YOUR BLINDS AND HIDE.

DO NOT GO OUT UNTUL A CLEAR IS GIVEN."

I groaned in annoyance. Again?! This was the third time this week. And it's Tuesday!

Begrudgingly, I did as told— doors, locked. Windows, locked. Curtains, closed. Lights, off.

Grabbing a bag of chips and my computer, deciding to finish my other due assignment.

I used to be excited about villain attacks— I get time off from schoolwork, with a valid(overused) excuse. Unfortunately anxiety had different plans, as I found myself understanding less and less during my lectures.

The marine life I see become brighter in the dark. In daylight, they're dark outliner of blue— not the bright collage of colour Google shows. But when it's dark, the colours change to a bright cyan. They glow, illuminating walls and dancing in the air.

This is my quirk— yes, to have blue outlines of animals continuously say "SEA" in my face. Other people can't see them, nor touch. The creatures can't move objects, nor can they speak to me, so there really isnt a use to my quirk.

Hell, a doctor once tried to give me antipsychotics when I told him about what I could see.

"You can see blue animals?"
"Pretty much."

"They interact with you?"
"I cant talk with them."

"Here, it says you're quirkless."
"They couldn't identify my quirk."

"....I'll have a private talk with your parents."

Thankfully, my parents knew better than to let him diagnose me with such pills. No way I was getting doped up on drugs at age 10.

My parents believed what I could see— thats why I loved them so dearly.

An octopus crawled on my side, its long tentacles aiming to close my computer. Of course, they simply passed through the screen, sticking through my Word Document.

With a sigh, I shut the screen without bothering to save. There was no way that anything I write will make sense with these distractions.

I let the octopus wrap a tentacle around my leg— tugging southeast.

"I can't go." I said, eyeing the creature. "I dont even have a car— the sea's a few hundred kilometers away."

It seemed pissed. It let go and lifted itself off the couch— passing through a wall and out of my sight.

With another sigh, I threw my head back and put my arm over my eyes. I decided to get some shut-eye— later, I'd hang out with a few friends.

‿︵‿︵┏━✦❘༻༺❘✦━┓‿︵‿︵

The TV played in my living room.

"This evening, a 20 years old woman disappeared from her apartment. Though all the doors and windows were locked, the home was filled with salt water, and there hasn't been any sightings of her. If you see (L/N) (Y/N), please contact your nearest hero agency immediately!"

 If you see (L/N) (Y/N), please contact your nearest hero agency immediately!"

Author's Notes

• I'm not a uni student, so hopefully I did well enough describing the lifestyle LMAO

• Yes there will be crack in this fic 🙄 i just need to lay down the info of the story 🤚

• there will be NO romantic relationships between (Y/N) and with minors. But, there will be large age gaps between adult characters
(An example being the Vice Admirals x Reader or sumn). Please don't continue reading if you're uncomfortable.