Confused and Troubled

April was walking down the street along with Sunita, they had gotten ice cream.

"You know what? I might invite Donnie out with us, that would give you and him a chance to become better friends!" April said while eating the last of her melting ice cream.

"That would sound fun! You two seem pretty close."

"Yeah we have known each other for quite awhile now, maybe even too long, that turtle gets on my nerves sometimes." April jokingly said.

April pulled out her phone, but as she did it started to ring.

"Oh Leo's calling me." She said as she answered. "Hey Leo!"

"APRIL HAVE YOU SEEN DONNIE WE CAN'T FIND HIM ANYWHERE HE'S GONE CAN YOU HELP US FIND HIM?!" Leo immediately shouted after she picked up.

"LEO, calm down dude, I'm sure he just went for a walk...that doesn't even sound like Donnie, yeah i'll help."

"Thank you April."

"Mhm"

April hung up the phone. And turned to Sunita who had a very worried expression on her face.

"Donnie's missing?"

"Yeah...it's alright though, we can find him! Sorry we couldn't have a normal date..."

"It's ok! I like a bit of action myself." Sunita said as she rested her hand on April's shoulder. April smiled at her and they ran off to the lair.

Once they arrived Leo decided that he would go ahead of Mikey and Raph and tag along with April and Sunita. The two groups would search different areas to cover more ground.

//

Donnie woke up in a hospital bed, he was dizzy and nauseous. A nurse stood over him. She was a sheep or ram yokai of some kind.

"Oh you are awake! I honestly didn't know if you were going to wake at all, or for not a long time but here you are! Awake and stuff!"

Donnie sat up, but something was wrong.

"You were poisoned by that nasty Foot Clan! Or so the ninja star showed that you, I had assumed, ripped from your leg. But it is all ok now! Well halfway ok for you..we had to um, amputate your leg, so the poison wouldn't reach other parts of your body and kill you."

Donnie was still very dizzy, and not at all awake, it took him a little bit to understand that he indeed, did not have a leg anymore.

He pulled off the blanket that was covering his lower half, and there it was, a nub of what was left of his leg. He started to panic. All of this happened because he couldn't tell his brothers the truth, all of this happened because he couldn't put his trust in them.

And now look at him, he can't even walk without something else helping him.

"What..." Donnie said drowsily.

"I'm really sorry sir...oh but you should be released from the hospital in a little while! So you can go back home!"

Donnie had so many questions that he wanted to ask, his mind was racing, who had brought him here? Who was going to pay for all of the hospital bills? How long has he been asleep? But all Donnie could put into words was.

"Can you bring me my brothers?"

"Your brothers? Of course! Would you like to phone call them?"

Donnie nodded and she handed him a landline that was attached to the wall. He dialed Rapheal's number.

"Hello?" Raph said on the other end.

"Raph?"

"Donnie?! Where are you?! We have been looking all over! Are you alright?!"