Flashladdin

Once upon a time, a long time ago in the hot desert sands of Equestria there was a kingdom called Saddle Arabia. Home to adventure and exotic treasures, this vast and glorious kingdom was truly a sight to behold.

One day, deep in the heart of the city, the local marketplace was as alive and busy as ever. By mid morning, ponies had set up their stalls to sell their wares and had attracted a sizable crowd. This accounted for the royal guard presence, as it was common for thieves to sneak up and take one or two of the many tempting exotic trinkets and oddities. One of these thieves was a young Pegasus stallion called Flashladdin. Having been brought up on the streets since foalhood with only his agility, speed, and street smarts, Flashladdin spent his days dodging palace guards and stealing the meals he needed to survive.

Flashladdin wouldn't have escaped pursuit all these years if it weren't for his very best friend, a baby phoenix named Peewee. They were both orphans, and dirt poor, but they didn't care. They had each other, best friends forever, and that was all that really mattered.

"I'd say it's just about time for breakfast, Peewee. I'm starving." Flashladdin said, scanning the marketplace stalls from an empty alleyway for something to steal. "Oh! And I've got my eye on that fruit stall over there." He pointed a hoof down to a stall filled with all different kinds of fruit. He smiled and his mouth watered. "You know what to do, little buddy."

Peewee nodded, flapped his little wings, and flew from his hiding place towards the stall to take their soon-to-be breakfast. He was moments away from reaching a particularly delicious-looking orange when he quickly ducked under the stall instead. A strange hooded mare had been walking down the street forcing Peewee to remain out of sight. The mare then spotted two young fillies standing beside a stall of baked goods; they were staring at the cakes, pastries, and breads longingly, hoping for just one taste. She approached them.

"Hello. Are you hungry?" She asked. They sadly nodded before the mare took two loaves and gave them to the foals. "Here, take some bread."

The two fillies' eyes widened in shock and they smiled, taking the bread in their hooves and hugging the mare tightly.

"Thank you!" One filly said.

"Yes, thank you!" The second added.

"You're very welcome." The mare kindly replied before the pair ran away with the bread in tow.

From his hiding place, Flashladdin was watching the exchange curiously. He seemed rather fixated on the mysterious shopper and he didn't know why. When the foals were gone, the owner of the stall, who was a griffon with gray fur and feathers, turned around and saw the mare and two loaves of bread gone. He did not look too happy.

"You'd better be able to pay for that, miss." The merchant said sternly.

"Pay?" The mare nervously asked.

"Uh oh..." Flashladdin muttered to himself.

"Nopony steals from my stall." The merchant said, approaching the mare.

"Stealing? Oh, I'm sorry sir. I don't have any money."

"No money, you say? So you're a thief then."

"Thief? No. Please, if you just let me go to the palace, I can—"

"Do you know what happens to thieves like you around here?" He violently grabbed her hoof.

"Let go of me!" The mare demanded before Flashladdin suddenly appeared between the two of them. Hearing the commotion, Peewee flew from his own hiding place and quickly jumped onto his friend's back.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Easy, Gustav. What's going on here?" The Pegasus asked.

"Is it not obvious? I turn my back for one minute and this young filly right here; she stole some of my bread." The griffon said angrily.