5

The sound of my alarm woke me from the dead

The sound of my alarm woke me from the dead. Bleary eyed and incoherent, I reached for my phone. I hit snoozed before moving to my back. God, I'm starting to regret this.

I slipped my big yellow tweety bird slippers on before making my way towards the kids rooms. I slapped both hands on Percy's door.

"Percyyyyy!" I yelled. I heard a grunt before continuing, "Get ready please or the Selene train will leave without you." I said before moving down the hall.

I groaned in pain from all the walking. "Why are you guys doors so far away." I said before knocking loudly on Eva's door.

"What?!" She cried out in a half groan half cry. "Up or the Selene train is gone." I said before spinning towards the next door. I gently opened it.

I saw Lance's bed first, the twins room were one big room split in half. Lances side was a pale blue and he had his toy trucks, legos, and action figures everywhere. Lily's side was a lavender color and was mostly clean apart from her dolls and big Barbie dream house on the floor.

I went towards Lance's be-ow! I went down in a flash. Stupid freaking toy cars! I let out a breath, trying to breath through the pain before moving. I army crawled to his bed pushing everything out the way with my hands.

I clicked the lamp on his table and the room flowed to life. He was on his stomach but his knees were tucked under him, making his but stick in the air. I stifled a laugh before tapping his cheek.

"Lance? Honey, come on. Time to get up." I said before getting up from my knees and picking him up as well. He groaned softly. I sat him upright before turning towards Lily.

The room was huge so I had to jog a little. Lily was sprawled like starfish snoring softly. This time I let out a little giggle. Why are these kids so adorable.

"Lily? Wake up." I said, picking her up as well so she was upright. Now that they were up, hopefully, I went for the closet.

"Nanny Selene was thinking of matching outfits today." I said before sliding it open. Jesus almighty!

My jaw dropped when I walked into the second room. Yes, room. They're six! What six year old needs this many clothes? Is that a Gucci jumpsuit- wait that's actually so cute. I touched it before moving through the clothes.

I picked out a pretty pink dress for Lily and jeans and a button up for Lance. It was pink as well. I couldn't resist. Making my way out the closet, Lance was already playing with his toys and Lily was, oh no.

I squealed before jogging to her. "Lily baby, no." I said before waking her up. She was falling back asleep against the wall. Her mouth wide open and leaking drool. She jolted before looking me.

I sat her on the ground and got them both ready. Done with their hair we moved out and made our way to my room. So I could get ready.

"You guys getting ready?!" I called out. I heard muffled answer but took it as a yes. I quickly turned on the tv for the babies and went into the closet. Grabbing just a black crop tank and mini skirt, I slipped them on. I turned towards the counter and pulled open the drawers. I pulled out my gold and black belt. Looping it around me I went and searched for shoes.