Chapter 35

Shane was taken by surprise when Claire wrapped her arms around him. He sat there not knowing what to do. But then, just like the last time she had hugged him, he hugged her back, snaking his arms around her body.

When he did that, Claire did not feel the gesture to be comforting anymore. In fact, she felt quite hot. But she still continued to hug him while he said, "Don't worry your pretty little head about it."

Did he just call me pretty? Claire asked, freaking out.

Did I just call her pretty? Shane asked himself.

She let her hands go from the back of his neck, but he kept his arms around her waist. They were in very close proximity, so close that Claire could see every speck in his eyes. She blushed and looked away, feeling intimidated by his stare.

Meanwhile, Shane's mood had changed entirely. What started out as a comforting gesture turned out to take his breath away. He still kept his hands around her waist and his eyes focused on hers, as her eyes decided to look anywhere but into his. The sun had set leaving the room to be lit only by a few candles and the fireplace.

Shane looked at her lips and then back into her eyes, where she had also moved her gaze towards him. She got tired of feeling intimidated by the eye contact. Shane wanted to back away from her, but he couldn't; there was something about her that was pulling him in. He suddenly wanted her, in a way that he never thought he'd want a woman, he wanted to be connected to her. He removed one of his hands from her waist and brought it up to her face, completely losing control of his body, he was at the whim of his strong passion.

He moved a strand of hair and tucked it behind her ear, also wiping the tear from her face. Claire was so speechless at what was going on that she just decided to close her eyes. When she felt Shane's hand rubbing up and down her waist, her eyes opened wide and looked at him, wanting to tell him to stop but she couldn't, there was a fire inside her and she was too much on fire to speak.

They looked into each other's eyes as Shane came closer, a lot of things running through their minds when their lips started to brush against each other. Both of them were breathing heavily. It seemed they could not get their lips to come together. None of them said a word and they didn't have to because the close proximity of their lips was saying everything they felt.

Shane took the lead by grabbing her waist with both his hands, and slowly putting his lips on hers. It was a slow, passionate kiss where her hands immediately went to the back of his neck. Their heads naturally tilted to the opposite sides and the fire exploded, it was suddenly too hot in what was before, a chilly cabin. Their lips moved slowly and passionately in sync. Their mouths, melting together.

The kiss deepened when Shane pulled her as close to him as possible, wanting to feel every inch of her body. He continued rubbing the side of her waist with his large hands, from her hips all the way to the sides of her breasts, his grip on her becoming tighter as each second passed by. Claire kept her hands in the back of his neck, caressing his hair. Feeling her fingertips touch the skin on his neck gave Shane an intense urge to feel more of her skin on his.

They kept kissing for a couple minutes before Shane started to lean her back towards the sofa, her lips plump and soft as they moved against his. He put her head back on the cushion, one of his hands going to cup her face. He stroked a finger on her cheek as he deepened the kiss with his tongue at the same time his body naturally started to go on top of hers, their mouths molding together. He wanted her in a way that he's never wanted a woman. So passionately, with so much heat. It's like he was on fire, and she was the only one who could put it out. Like he had an itch and only being consumed by her could relieve it. How did they end up in this position?