Chapter 11. Files

Black diamonds point of view. Here in homeworld, amongst gems were rebels those whose minds worked differently. If you were flawed, you will rejected. if you fit the mold, you were celebrated but also easily replaceable. Nowadays even for diamonds fitting the mold seemed better, then standing out.
           I remember how white would constantly shun pink, even from her duties. And then she would often make me handle Pink's duties if she felt that pink couldn't complete them. Sometimes red would complete them, but she had her own duties to attend to. I have to say red's colonies were more of a trading post, somewhat like blues but blues will also considered somewhat of a luxury.
          I think I remember one of blues sapphires requested to go to one of her colonies for quiet time to help her with her visions. But sometimes, I believe that's just an excuse, an excuse for her to leave homeworlds hustle and bustle with her pearl.
          But necessarily, I don't blame her, leaving homeworld is somewhat of a dream for me too. but it will be impossible for me, I'm a diamond I can't hide in plain sight like other gems.
         A pearl can act like they are stationed at a specific place on a colony. And a quartz can just stand around acting like some sort of guard or escort. Sapphires are more easy since they can just walk around and if questioned they could say 'I am looking for a quiet place so I can have my visions.'
         But a diamond, no a diamond can't hide amongst gems without people bowing before them. Without people hiding their feelings and treating them like well shining gems. And sometimes I wish I was a quartz maybe even a pearl someone people wouldn't bow down to. Maybe someone who people will be willing to be friends with.
            Someone people would want to be around, I'm not unpleasant just scary at times. Well sometimes, I admit I can be cruel I'm not going to lie.  But sometimes I wish I had a friend, reds more like a gentle older sister. Yellow and blue aren't really around but they're more of the authoritative type. Sometimes I see blue and we hang out, and when I'm with yellow we spend time in the sauna.
            And with pearl I like Pearl I like my Pearl Night, but other times I don't understand my feelings.
      Then there's Elizabeth and Ivory, Elizabeth the diamond I found in the mirror. The same one I saved from that mirror in my room, I decided to keep her on a moon base on my first colony. "She's my... Advisor an experimental gem, a Moissanite I call her" I lied to the gems who asked. I lied to the other diamonds too, to red and pinks face, and through yellow, blue and whites screens.
        And they believed me, all too easily, for sure I thought they would catch on but they never did. Elizabeth would talk to me, she'd tell me stories of what she did in the mirror. She told me fairytales, ones she came up with. One she called Cinderpearl, it was about a pearl who escaped their masters. Another was about a ruby named Aladdin, who fell for a high ranking gem.
       And while her stories were outrageous, and silly, I couldn't help but ask her to tell me them over and over again. Pearl, who would bring his little friend Vincent around sometimes would listen to me ramble about these stories. And he asked about them every now and again.
       "My diamond, what was that story again?" Night would ask as Vincent stood by him silently hands folded. "What story?" I would say, knowing I knew what he was talking about. And then Night would leave again, Vincent following behind him. "Tell him the story, I don't mind" Elizabeth would say despite Ivory's nagging.
          "My diamond, what if he asks who told his diamond such a thing, truth could get out that way!" Ivory would say.
      "It'll be fine, it'll be fine!" Elizabeth would say and then I would sit there, and think and think about ideas.
        "My diamond?" A voice soon called, but I didn't answer, my mouth felt too dry to answer. "My diamond?" It called again, much louder this time as I raised a hand to touch my gem that shined perfectly.
      "MY DIAMOND!" the voice screamed, and then I broke out of it, I broke out of the web that kept me in my thoughts. "Yes pearl?" I said softly as a grunt came from the small gem below. "Wrong gem" the voice murmured as I looked down to see the smaller yellow gem.
      "Alastor? What are you doing here?" I asked, Alastor wasn't from my court he was from yellows. He worked hard, I know that's for sure, and oh how yellow bragged about him often. "He won many cases, a proper zircon he is" yellow would say. I listened, mostly because I have no choice in the matter. But that never meant I enjoyed it, furthermore I hated how prideful she got when it came down to it.
          "My diamond, I'm sorry to bother you but my diamond needed to send you some files" Alastor apologized. Alastor had a very sky grin, and everyday he would smile and tell me "your never fully dressed without a smile~" he sung it to. He sung it high and low, and spun on one foot like the spinel in pinks garden.
       But I never complained, I like his lines, I liked his smile, it added to what gems weren't supposed to have, personalities, their individuality.
      "Oh?" I said, 'files? If that was it why send a zircon so loyal to the court' I mused. "But why send you?, Couldn't her pearl just send it?" I asked, I wasn't undermining him, but it just seemed so... odd.
   "Well my diamond, this file is very important, so important I must let you read it yourself." Zircon said as his yellow hologram popped up in front of him. I watched him, just for a moment as my mind wondered off again.
      "I'll publish Elizabeth's stories, she wouldn't mind, she said she wouldn't" a part of my mind said. That part was proud, a smile was always curled on its face, but that other part. That other part of my mind would yell, it would curse as I listened to the two parts argue. 
     "My diamond?" Alastor said, oh here we go again, soon the arguing stopped and I turned my attention back to the little yellow gem.