Chapter Eleven

BAD ROMANCE | 1.1

"YOU WERE RIGHT, LITTLE BIRD."

Fallon walks through empty halls, after school hours, humming as she heads towards Dr

Fallon walks through empty halls, after school hours, humming as she heads towards Dr. Saltzman's office to study for an upcoming exam. Hope had fallen asleep a few hours ago, and She figured it was empty, so she might as well use it.

When the doors to his office come into view, she waves a hand, the doors opening at her command.

She walks through, expecting the room to be empty, only it wasn't.

Landon jumps at the sound of the doors opening, scrambling files, as he tries to gather himself.

She chuckles, before shaking her head.

"Little bird, going through Doc's files?" she starts, a smirk on her face.

"What a great way to win him over," she joked, the scared look on his face made her want to laugh.

Landon clears his throat, rolling his eyes, he seemed irritated, Fallon liked that.

"What do you want?" he asked dryly, continuing to look through files.

She hums, her heels clicking as she walks, a seductive air about her, Landon hated it.

How attractive she was, and just how effortless it was.

Everything she did was without effort, without care, she had no kindness in her heart, and Landon knew that.

So why didn't Hope?

She takes a seat on the desk, looking towards the papers scattered on it.

"Well," she starts, her sharp eyeliner making her look deadly, as she pierces him with her gaze, like she could cut him with just a glance.

Landon knew she probably could.

"I wanted to study, but it looks like you've got a theory on your hands," she continued, picking up her own file.

"So tell me, little bird, what vile accusation have you built against me?"

Landon freezes, slowly looking up from the file's on the desk to the one in Fallon's hands.

She quirks her head, a teasing smirk on her face, no fear in her eyes.

Landon wanted her to fear, not him, or what he could do, but what he could ruin.