Chapter Sixty Six

BAD ROMANCE | 6.6

"LONG OVERDUE."

The world was quiet; the type of quiet that whispered secrets between crevices of darkness and silence, yet no words reached any ears as they festered, stolen away as if never spoken instead

The world was quiet; the type of quiet that whispered secrets between crevices of darkness and silence, yet no words reached any ears as they festered, stolen away as if never spoken instead. Layers of tulle and silk dragged along ice and snow as she glided across a barren field. Bitter wind brushed across her face, the bite of the cold doing nothing to her impenetrable skin, and she slowed her steps as the glowing light of a cabin came into view.

Fallon wasn't sure if her plan would work, wasn't sure if it would all be in vain, if she could even trick a god much, much older than her. But failure meant her grandmother died, failure meant the titans would be freed, failure meant a long and bloody war with no end in sight.

It meant that everything she had fought for, everything she and Hope had fought for, was for nothing. Everything their families had gone through and all the blood shed between them would be for nothing, the world would end, and then there would be no one or nothing to remember them. They would die with their love, their story, as if it had never existed in the first place.

Fallon couldn't allow it to happen, she had to be strong, stronger than she had ever been before, and she had to fight with a fight that hadn't existed before her. Fallon had to claim her bloodright, she had to face who she really was, something more.

A destiny that had loomed over her since before she had even been born, one that knew her in ways she didn't know herself, one, thousands of years in the making. And it refused to be ignored. Ken disgraced the cosmos, angered a being older than time itself, and it would have its vengeance.

Snow falls from the sky, sticking to her hair as she comes to a stop in front of her siblings, "If anything happens, get Hope and Natalie out of here," she voices softly, no louder than the wind that blew around them, "I don't care how you do it, just make sure they're safe," she ordered. She was sure Ken wouldn't try anything, but she wasn't going to leave any room for potential mistakes. But if something did happen, if Ken wasn't as ball-less as she thought then she had to make sure her family remained safe, no matter what.

The siblings hesitate to accept the order, knowing that there would be no one to stand between their father and their sister. The goddess of forge shook her head reluctantly, but Fallon only recognized it as the tenacious stubbornness of a god. The dark haired god only lifted an equally dark eyebrow, "You want me to save the world? Kill Ken to save all of you from his wraith?" she questioned pointedly, only receiving pursed lips in return, before Hayden elbows his shorter sister. Jen elbows him back before sighing and nodding, "I did betray him," she mentioned with a slight shrug as she crossed her arms. "So yeah," she finished with a frown. Fallon hums while their brother snickers beside a huffing goddess, "I love you all, I do," she pauses briefly, licking her lips in deep thought. "But Hope is everything to me and Natalie's just a kid, my kid, and I can't let her get hurt," she continued shakily, her hands clenching at her sides as the storms around them slowly worsened, "You have to promise me, that if it comes to it, you'll keep them safe," she all but demanded, looking between her sibling with an almost desperate look upon her bejeweled face.