It Whispers things

One day--

Taehyung merely finds himself wandering after school with a book tucked under his arm in hopes for a quiet place to read away from the main part of the park with its screaming children and occasional giggling couple. He'd had enough of screaming. And the annoying snickering wasn't particularly great background noise either.

The early fall weather is as perfect as the tree he comes across in its small meadow through the forest line, standing pretty, yet all alone. The white flowers that provide a trail in the meadow still cling to life as the cold eases its way in day by day. It's a wonder he's never ventured this far with the tree so prominently lonely like this.  So Taehyung plops down and rests his back against its trunk, sighing with ease as the tree provides him with just a bit of shade, for its leaves have not fallen like its brothers around it. He's reading peacefully, nearly finding himself dozing off after just a few peaceful hours. He quickly checks his watch. Late. So he decides to head home for the day with the tree in mind for tomorrow.

One day--

Taehyung has come back to the tree yet again, just as he had each day that week. Like the pattern of one's circadian rhythm, it's almost natural he goes. It's tranquil, entirely soundless save for the occasional tweet of a bird and breeze shaking the leaves on the tree above him and shaking the ones left off of the surrounding trees. He's busy with his nose stuck in the same book required for school reading when a rumble of thunder jolts him from his peace. He looks up at the sky, wondering where all the rain clouds had come from after the previously sunny morning. He returns to his reading with a sigh, rubbing at his thumping heart when a small voice calls to him.

"I think it's going to rain."

He glances up quickly, turns his head in all directions, expecting to find its source quite obviously in front of him or at least behind him. Only to find the same empty field and tree line, its grass swaying in the wind from the incoming storm.

He furrows his brows and studies the field a few moments for movement. And he returns to his reading with a huff. Though not for long. His eyes grow wide at the sight of the rain beginning to turn his page translucent, blurring the inked words of a borrowed book.

So he decides to head home for the day, backpack shielding his head from the rain as he runs through the field and past the tree line, using the white flowers as his guide.

One day--

Taehyung is back, reading again, even in this especially crisp weather and despite the main park being rather desolate enough for him to sit on a proper bench in the relative silence that he desired. Yet still, he finds himself sitting in front of the tree yet again. A home, shelter of sorts. Something about it calms him, eases him to where he could drift off into sleep at any moment if he's still enough. But he's come here to actually get some reading in today and he's much further behind in his book than he'd like to be, for he finds himself re-reading pages once he tames his wandering thoughts or drowsy mind.

The time passes quickly and before he knows it, he picks himself up, about to head home for the day, when a root from the very tree he nearly slept under catches his foot and he tumbles to the ground face-first. The gal of it. To think Taehyung had spent more time here than at home and it has the nerve to maim him...

"Ow...damn it..." he curses under his breath and turns over to brush his knees of dirt.

"I'm so sorry," a soft voice apologizes, muffled and hollow yet ironically airy and light in its tone.

"Wha- you." Taehyung jumps up, searching the field for the stranger he'd heard before. It's the same voice as before, unmistakably so. 

"I didn't think you'd fall. I just... didn't want you to go quite yet," The voice speaks again hesitantly. It sounds of earth, dry and muffled. And of air, fresh and light brought by spring winds despite fall overhead.