Chapter 22: "How could I ever be jealous of you?"

I did what I've wanted to do for the whole time I've been here; skip dinner!

Well here's the whole story, I woke up from my nap, not because I wasn't tired but because someone woke me up! Anyways, my lord and savior Sasha said how in the world could I go to dinner since I have a fever and all that jazz. I don't even care about my cold I just got to skip dinner! Two nights in a row!

Alas, it was fun while it lasted. To my dismay Sasha said my fever had finally broken when when she came in to check on me. Ew. I have to be sick for the weekend but as soon as Monday rolls up I'm fine? The universe hates my guts I swear.

Have I begun to be bad at... lying?! No! This can't be! But- but I'm amazing at it! The reason I'm panicking is because Sasha took one look at my face and said "Well I suppose it doesn't hurt to have one day off. To make sure you're completely healthy I mean."

Sasha is one word. Three syllables. Do you know it? Amazing! I could've never asked for a more perfect sister-in-law. Granted they're not married yet but oh come on, I don't know what's taking my brother so dang long.

"Do you really think so? I mean I guess I could stay in. If you insist." I tease back with a smirk.

She smirks back at me. "Oh yes honey. I insist to the highest power. Don't want you getting more sick. Now do we?"

I love her.

"Okay Pretty Girl, I'm going to go tell your brother to call in sick for you and then I'll come in here and we can talk about what we'll do today."

I nodded at her words and then laid  back down. I never could've wished for another best friend like Sasha. I really did get lucky huh?

She came back in as I thought of a question that never crossed my mind. "Hey Sash, when are the twins birthday? I don't want to miss it."

"Oh honey thanks for reminding me. It's in about two weeks."

Two weeks and I didn't even know?! How could this be? The nerve! The injustice! The unfairness! The way I would totally do that!

"What? And no one told me! How rude! Okay give me a second to process how rude and mean that no one told me", I paused for a few seconds and took a deep breath, "Okay I'm back. Well then, how about we go to the park?"

And that my friends is how we ended up in the park. I took my book, Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters, and began to read. It's one of my favorites. (A/N it's one of mine too) Sasha had some homework for college to do. My brother, being the Einstein he is, finished high school early, thus making him finish college a year early. Sasha sat on a bench while I leaned on a tree reading in the shade. How I love trees.

I was getting to my favorite part, when they were getting attacked by the monsters at sea, when I smelt a waft of smoke. Cigarette smoke. Immediately my mind began to think of mom and Carl, how they would put their cigarette out on my arm. Flashbacks came in, well, a flash.

I looked up to see if they came for me. To see if he finally got tired of toying with me and was here to pick me up. What I didn't expect was a boy, maybe a little bit older- not more than a year- puffing out toxins. The same boy from the gate.

Swiftly I stood up and began my walk over towards him. He was facing the sky, not caring who or what was harmed or affected by his horrible choice of spending his midmorning.