Chapter ten - Killers POV

I'd been keeping a close eye on the media coverage of the murders. Those stupid cops were clueless. I had to up my game. Aside from hoping they'd get even slightly closer to figuring me out, something, or more, someone was catching my attention. A petite dark haired woman. She'd been at the crime scenes, but I haven't seen her anywhere prior to Sarah Trent's news coverage. After a soft dig around, I discovered she wasn't a cop, she was brought in as intel by the inspector, who just so happens to be her cousin.
Ellie Walsh. She was stunning in a classical sense. Raven hair which made her nearly emerald eyes shine like glass. She was petite and dressed modestly, though hints of her womanly curves teased beneath her trouser suits. This woman had captivated me more than any other. I needed to spend time with this one. I needed to savour the build up before the kill. Her death that had to be as beautiful as she was.
As I did most nights, I took a walk by the cop bar. Maybe I'd get a glimpse of Ms.Walsh this time. I couldn't believe my luck when I noticed a group of women dressed to the nines heading into the bar, and amongst them was Ellie. My body naturally responded to the vision of her in that short ,tight dress. She wore her hair down which I could only imagine smelled as good as it looked. I stood by the window of the bar, chain smoking and keeping an eye on where Ellie was.
Then He arrived. The detective investigating the cases. I quickly pulled out another cigarette and asked him for a light. He didn't even look at me when he passed me the lighter. He was holding the door open for the group of women leaving the bar. Ellie wasn't with the group so I strolled past the open door to see if I could see her in the bar still. She was talking to the detective. He was practically drooling over her. I'd noticed on some of the news coverage at the crime scenes. He wasn't even subtle. He'd stare at her like a hungry puppy whilst she spoke.  Anger began to churn deep inside me before I noticed an older man in the bar watching me. I flicked my cigarette and walked to the next road where my car was parked. Just as I drove into the street where the bar was, I saw Ellie get into a cab with the group of drunken women.
Where ya going' darlin'?
I followed at a distance , seeing the cab pull up in front of the newly opened club. I carried on round the corner and parked up. It was easy to slip into the club unnoticed, the bouncers were busy wrestling some guys to the ground, so I crept in with three underaged girls.
The club was rammed. I navigated my way around the outside of the dance floor and reached the bar/cocktail lounge area. She was sitting by herself in a booth clearly made for a group of people. I motioned the bar man over who looked barely old enough to drink himself. I asked what Ellie had been drinking and ordered for another to be sent over to her. I took the perfect opportunity to slip some rohypnol into her drink. Those underaged girls had been sussed out and the bartender ran over to assist the young female bartender to hold the girls and call security.
I couldn't have planned for it to be anymore perfect. After apologising profusely, the bartender took the cocktail over to Ellie and as he did, I slipped out of the club as unnoticed as I had done getting in. I looked at my watch as I walked back to my car. I pulled out the taxi cab light from my boot and attached it to the roof of my car. I drove round to park outside the club. If she drank it near enough as soon as she got it, she should start to feel tired in about five minutes. That will give me enough time to get her back to her apartment whilst she's still awake.
I checked my watch again before looking up and seeing Ellie making her way out of the club. I illuminated my taxi light and crawled along the kerb until I stopped beside Ellie.
She climbed into the cab and slumped into the seat. She gave me her address and I headed off. As I checked on her through my rear view mirror, I could see her fighting against her yawns, and failing. We arrived at Ellie's apartment building and I waved her fee. She made little to no objection, she was too tired. She'd most likely be passed out within the next few minutes. After I watched her close the buildings door behind her, I turned the taxi light off and drove two roads over and parked up.
As I reached Ellie's floor , I could see light shining onto the hallways dark carpet.
The door's still open. She's making everything so easy. I'll just have to string out the torment, and make the anticipation of her end almost unbearable!
I approached with caution. I didn't want to spook her if she was still conscious. I couldn't risk that she could scream and alert her neighbours.
Once I'd closed in on her apartment, I gently pushed the door and could see Ellie's feet on the floor next to the sofa at the end of her hall. I crept in, closing and locking the door behind me. I stalked down the hallway and stood at Ellie's feet, marvelling at her beauty. She was on her back with her hands resting either side of her head, palms up. I stood still, scanning over her body, soaking in every curve until my eyes stopped at her skirt, risen up her thighs close to the edge of her underwear which I could just make out under her tights. Black lace. Oh, Ellie. You've dressed up for me. I smirked at my thought before carnal instincts began to kick in. I need to concentrate and not get too distracted. That would ruin it all.
I pulled out my Polaroid camera from my backpack and knelt beside Ellie. I leant towards her and took a deep inhale of her hair. It smelt like strawberries and oranges. I straddled over Ellie, gently sitting on her stomach. I stroked some of her hair away from her face and replaced my hand with my lips. Slow, gentle kisses. Turning stronger as I kissed as pawed at her neck and chest, moving down her stomach to her ankles, pulling her tights down along the way.
These might be good to use later.
I posed and photographed Ellie before taking a pen to her eyes and crossing them out on the pictures once they'd developed. I labelled them and put them under a pillow in the master bedroom before putting Ellie back into the position she was in when I arrived.  I headed to the front door to let myself out. I pulled her door to, so it was still ajar, but only noticeable to someone if they were to knock on it. This one is going to be fun.
I headed back home to bed. It shouldn't be long before this is all over the news. Cousin of inspector targeted, I imagined the headline.