When The Maid Makes an Unexpected Friend

–––Aether–––

I search the mansion up and down but find no one else in it whatsoever.

Guess I won't be finding Ritsu any time soon.

As I nervously walk the neverending hallways, I find myself subconsciously rubbing the bite mark on my neck.

What should I do? I can't find Ritsu anywhere!

Hell, I can't even find anyone else to ask who the heck Ritsu even is!

I sigh and decide to do other task Master Xiao gave me.

Clean the mansion.

I only have to search for a little bit until I find a room filled with cleaning supplies.

Master Xiao never said I was forbidden to enter any rooms, so the first thing I'll do is check every room to see if they should be tidied.

After going through bedroom after bedroom, making bed after bed, I finally take a short break to catch my breath.

It's kind of sad how big yet empty this mansion is.

Does Master Xiao have any friends or family?

I sigh and prepare to continue with my work until I feel pressure on my shoulder.

I jump, nearly scream, and whip around quickly to see a girl about my age with short grey and purple hair and a red and black eye patch.

"Oh ho, so Xiao wasn't lying about getting himself a new maid. You're really cute too~" The girl hums with a gentle smirk.

"I-I-I'm sorry, w-who are you?" I stammer, still caught in shock.

"Weren't you looking for me?" The girl sings, her magenta and blue eye narrowing teasingly.

Then it clicks.

"Ritsu, I'm guessing?" I ask.

"Correct! I heard your name started with an a....let me guess...oh I know! Aaron, right?" Ritsu teases.

"It's Aether." I say politely.

"Yeah, I know, I was just messing with you." Ritsu says. "Anyways, I came by to help you, since Xiao sucks at actually telling people what to do that isn't just 'go away'."

I laugh nervously.

I wasn't expecting such a lighthearted person in a place like this.

In fact, she reminds me of one of my friends.

"Come on man, I know you can talk more. Stop making this awkward." Ritsu says.

"I'm sorry, it's just, I'm still in a bit of shock from yesterday. I mean, I did just sell my soul to a vampire after all." I say.

"Don't worry about it. Just don't get on Xiao's bad side and you'll be fine." Ritsu says. "Anyways, come with me. I'll give you the grand tour of this place."

—Timeskip—

As Ritsu and I walk, I begin to open up more to her.