When The Maid Betrays His Sister

–––Xiao–––

When I wake up, the first thing I notice is a hard, unbearably painful object in my mouth.

I try to remove the object but find my arms tied down with chains.

I bite down hard, trying desperately to at least break the object in my mouth.

It hurts too much for me to stand it for long.

After failing to break the object in my mouth, I attempt to spit it out.

That fails too.

I think it might be attached directly to my fangs in some way, considering it feels like it'll pull them straight out of my head if I try to hard to move the object in my mouth.

I look around the room I'm in.

The humans must have left it dark so I couldn't see.

Hah, they're so idiotic.

Vampires can see in the dark.

I see everything clearly.

But...

What's going to happen to me now that I've been caught?

Are they going to kill me?

Probably.

I raise my head as I hear a door opening from in front of me.

A familiar person descends the stairs, careful to not trip in the dark.

It's that blond boy I'd stupidly spared that one night.

He turns on the light and stands in front of me.

Has he come to mock me?

I scowl and bite down on the object in my mouth, giving a display of my anger.

The blond boy puts his cold yet soft hands around my cheeks.

"Calm down." He says, demanding yet soft.

Almost like a mother consoling her child.

I yank on the chains holding me in defiance.

"I'll take that thing out of your mouth if you promise to not attack me. I know that thing hurts you, and I hate them for doing that to you." Blond boy says.

What does he know about being hurt by humans?

But, my desire to stop the pain in my mouth rides greater than my anger towards blond boy.

I bow my head, a signal that I agree to his terms.

He reaches slightly into my mouth and, to my relief, removes the painful object.

Oh, how easy it would have been to bite him, turn him into a vampire, and have him kill every human in this forsaken place.

But, I made a promise.

I move my jaw around, wincing from lingering pain.

"Now listen to me closely. I'm going to help you escape. I don't care what you do to me after that, I just can't leave you here. What they do is awful. I can't believe that the people here are calling you all the monsters. Also I found Kauri." Blond boy says.