Chapter 40: Beautiful Smile

Yan Jinyun was the one who called the driver from the Yan Family. The car was still the one that they drove today.

Turning back to look, she saw someone chasing after her from the Zhao residence. When she saw who it was, Yan Jinyun hurriedly said, "Stop the car."

After a while, the person caught up with them. Yan Jinyun didn't get out of the car. She simply rolled down the car window.

"Yun'er, long time no see."

The person was wearing a pair of silver-framed glasses. He looked handsome and refined, like a well-bred young master. However, because this well-bred young master had run all the way here, he seemed to be in a rather sorry state.

Yan Jinyun had never seen this person in such a sorry state before.

She had already sorted out her frustration and smiled politely, "Why is Brother Luo here?"

Luo Yilin was the eldest son of the Luo family in North City. He was 20 years old and was in his second year of university.

"Little Qiu is sick and since it's also the weekend, I came back to take a look. Coincidentally, it's also your classmate's birthday. Our family isn't far from the Zhao family, so Little Qiu asked me to go to the Zhao Family's house to send her a gift." The Luo Family was not far ahead, and it would only take them about half an hour to walk over.

"Why did you leave as soon as you arrived? I saw that most of the people at the Zhao Family's banquet were your classmates. I thought you would stay on for a while longer."

"I have something on, so I won't stay any longer."

"I see."

"But Brother Luo is..."

"Hey, I was just about to leave when I saw you leave. I wanted to hitch a ride. I came here on foot. It will take me half an hour to walk back."

The young master of the second-biggest family in North City would not need a free ride. Even if he really did not want to walk back, a call from his family would be enough for him to pick up.

Yan Jinyun didn't expose him. She simply smiled and said, "It's my honor to be able to give Brother Luo a ride. If you don't mind, Brother Luo, please get in the car."

"Thank you, then." Luo Yilin thanked her with a warm smile. He opened the car door and got in. He was very gracious and looked like he was really just taking a ride.

"You're already in your third year of high school. You must be very nervous about your studies recently," Luo Yilin said first.

"It's alright. I'm almost done revising, so I'm not too nervous."

Luo Yilin nodded. "With your foundation, it's only normal that you're not nervous. Don't give yourself too much pressure either. If you perform normally, you can still get into one of the top universities in the country."

"Thank you."

Luo Yilin gazed at her face. There was a flash of infatuation under his silver-framed glasses, and he quickly looked away.

"I heard that your sister is back?"

Yan Jinyun's smile froze, "Yes, I'm back."

6

"How did your sister get along with you after she returned?"

"Pretty good."

Luo Yilin glanced at her and smiled, "That's good. I thought that the environment you two grew up in was too different for you to get along with. You're too kind and soft-hearted. Uncle Yan and Auntie Fu haven't seen your sister for many years. I was worried that if you two couldn't get along, they would side with your sister because they owed her and you would suffer..."