Chapter One

I stepped up to the vault pad with full confidence. I shook some of the chalk off my hands and prepared to sprint down the vault track. Looking around I could see everyone anxiously waiting to see what I could do and how I presented myself threw what I love. Gymnastics. Finally, I sprinted down the vault track and once I got close to the vault I did a " Yurchenko ". I shortly landed, but something wasn't right. A raging pain shot up from my right foot to my whole body. I fell to the floor crying in pain. Two men picked me up and carried me off the floor. It's over, over, over..........

I shot up from my bed screaming. Suddenly, my door opened and my mom peaked her head threw.

" What happened ? I heard screaming. "

She said opening my door all the way then closing it after she walked threw. I know she wants me to tell her about my bad dream, since ' according to my doctor '. I need to express my emotions more so nothing builds up. To be honest, I hate that my doctor ever told my mom that. I don't have a bunch of secrets, so why do I have to be an open book ?

" Nothing happened. Just super excited for our field trip to the art museum today. Yay learning ! "

By the facial expression she made I'm guessing she didn't buy it. Who am I kidding, no one would. She knows I'm not a big school person -though I get straight A's- and that I only like learning about certain things, like art. When it comes to math that is where I hate learning, but math is only one subject. Any other subject, I like learning about.

"We all know that you will never be that happy about school unless it was the last day or your going on a fun field trip."

That was so typical.

"Fine. I had a bad dream where I was at the vault and i smashed my ankle on the landing. "

I said trying to sit up correctly.

"That'll never happen. Now hurry and get dressed, because you need to be leaving for school in 35 minutes. "

She said walking to my door then shutting it. I slowly got out of my bed and started doing my morning routine. After I was done I began to find what I was going to wear to school today, which takes the longest time out of my morning. I went to my closet and picked out; black skinny jeans, a Nirvana hoodie, Nirvana t-shirt and black converse.

I threw my clothes on my bed and began to get dressed, but before I put my t-shirt and hood is on I took off my back brace. Though I'm suppose to wear it, I don't want to. One, because it is very uncomfortable. Two, because it makes half my shirts too tight on me and half of my bottoms not fit me. My doctor wants me to wear my brace, because - as he said - " Wearing the brace will stop your curve from increasing in degrees and hopefully making the curve decrease in degrees........". I didn't see why I had to wear a brace since my curve is only 32° and it made my shoulders slightly uneven. There is nothing wrong with that.

I took off my brace and hid it under my bed, so my parents wouldn't see that I wasn't wearing it. I continued to put the rest of my outfit on and once I was finished I went to my bathroom. Looking at the clock, I had 25 minuets left to do my hair, pack both my school bag and gymnastics bag. I left my hair down and started brushing my it starting at my ends. I put my piña colada flavored lip gloss on then put it in my front pocket. Once my hair was fully situated, I went into my room and took both of my bags that needed to be packed.

Packing my backpack was nothing. I always keep everything in it besides the things I need to use to do my homework, projects and finish my fashion designs. I grabbed my sketch tablet, 100 pack of Crayola color pencils, markers and mechanical pencils from my desk then put them in my backpack. I grabbed my Apple laptop with its case and put it in my backpack. I don't have text books for school, since I have a laptop to use for school work. I zipped my backpack up and threw it on my bed.