Prologue

A large sand-colored dragon covered in scars flew out of a castle in the mountains, out into the darkening sky, with several others following behind her.  Inside this castle, past a beautiful room with a throne covered with stunning jewels and gemstones, past the fire colored dragons with large wings flying from room to room, in a tunnel leading to a dungeon there were two dragons.  One was a sandy color with black eyes and a sail that went from her snout to her barbed tail, whereas the other was a dark red color with bright yellow eyes, large wings, and a somewhat long neck.  They were huddled together whispering quietly about their plan.

"Euca" The sky-wing said. "I know this will work, I just have to talk to him and we can sneak out to meet you there tonight."  

"Are you sure?" Eucalyptus replied. "Petral, you know what could happen if we get caught, I don't want that dragonet to have an even worse life than he already has."

Petral looked into the other dragon's black eyes and said. "Mistral will have a better life if we escape with him, right now all he has is us in that small cell, its not fair that he has to live like a prisoner when he's not even a month old. I know the risks and I know what Burn and Scarlet will do to us if they found out, but it'll be worth it."

Eucalyptus sighed and rested her talons on Petral's shoulder, touching her barbed tail to the sky-wing's and said. "You're right, I'll meet you at our spot. I love you."

She replied, showing a worried smile.  "I love you too."

The sky-wing went down into the dungeons as the sand-wing got up and started flying out of the tunnel, unaware that she would never see Petral again, well, alive that is.