Names

Mistral looked around. He couldn't see anything, but he could feel the water flowing around him peacefully as if he didn't just crash into it, the water was cold but it felt nice around his scales. Something suddenly grabbed onto him and pulled him upwards, out of the water. He quickly stood up and turned around to face them, only to be met with a familiar sea-wing's snout.

"Hey! Calm down, you're fine." Tsunami stated, giving him a stern glare. "I was just saving you. There's no need to be aggressive. Moons, you really are skinny."

Starstorm landed beside him. "Hm, I suppose you were due for a swim anyways. You look a little less threatening then you did before."

He looked down at his talons, almost all of the blood and ash had been washed off. It was like the river had erased some of the things that happened in the arena.

"We're close to the others, come on, we can walk"

He followed Starstorm and Tsunami, water dripping off of his scales as he walked. After a little bit he could hear voices in the distance, a sky-wing that he recognized as Peril flew past, not even glancing down at him.

"We should hurry, she might tell someone where we are." Tsunami whispered to Starstorm, walking a bit faster.

"There they are!" A yellow dragon across the river yelled.

"Sunny quiet down a bit. A sky-wing could hear you." A bigger, brown dragon stated.

Tsunami glided over the river, landing and hugging the little sand-wing. "I'm glad you're alright Sunny, but Clay is right."

Whoever these dragons were, they didn't seem to be dangerous. Starstorm smiled and led him across the river, stepping on slippery rocks to get to the other side.

"You managed to get the monster to come with. Great." A green and orange dragon said, seemingly annoyed at him.

"Glory, don't be mean."

"Monster?"

"Yeah Sunny, apparently we are bringing that crazy ice-wing along with us."

Was he crazy? The rain-wing thought so.

"Woah, how did you get all those scars?" Sunny said in awe, sitting beside him.

"I.. don't know." He slowly replied.

"Aw, it's okay, I forget stuff too."

Why was she smiling at him? He didn't do anything funny, at least he didn't think so.

"We should get to the delta." Tsunami said. "We can find Clay's family there. Maybe they'll help protect us."

"And then we'll be at sea," Sunny continued. "so we can find yours, too. And maybe Starflight will find us there? Do you think he's looking for us?"

"Doubtful." Glory stated. "He's with his wonderful night-wings now."

"Did Kestral say anything about" Tsunami started to say, being interrupted by Glory.

"Oh, and by the way, we have company." She pointed towards the swarm of sky-wing guards flying their way.

The dragons had spotted them, but there was no way he would ever enter his prison again. The last dragon before this sand-wing who nice to him was dead, Petral told him about freedom, about hope, and about the dragonets who would save everyone. She loved him like he was the only thing that mattered. Like a son. Then Scarlet killed her, stabbing her through the neck with a spear, in front of him. That was the same day that he had to fight his real mother in the arena. She tried to win, that's how he got that scar across his chest. That was the same day that Petral hugged him, telling him that she was going to help him escape. He had to protect these new dragons. It would be horrible to feel guilty for their deaths along with everyone else that had fallen under his talons.

"Can we hide?"

"They've already spotted us, there's no point."

"Clay, Sunny, fly to the delta, we might be able to hold them off until you get help."

"I want to stay here and fight."

"No Sunny, it's too dangerous."

"I wish that Peril was here."

"Knowing her she probably told them where we are."

"Focus! Clay get Sunny out of here, we'll be fine."

"I can deal with them." Mistral hissed, walking towards the river as the argument suddenly went silent.

"Mistral you can't face them by yourself. They'll capture you again, or worse." Tsunami stated.

"I know how to deal with these guards, most of them are the same, only doing what Scarlet says so they don't get punished."

"Which means that they might take Scarlet's anger over guaranteed death. Especially now that she might be dead." Starstorm concluded.

He nodded, hissing as the first few guards landed across the river, holding chains and spears. He noticed that a few were afraid, quietly whispering to each other and taking a step back when they saw him. One sky-wing glided over the river, flying towards him. He shot a blast of ice at their wing making them crash onto the ground, he ran to them and quickly turned, slamming his spiky tail into their head. He heard a quiet gasp behind him as he grabbed the guard's horns and twisted sharply, breaking their neck.