Epilogue

She woke to a dragon calling her name.  She scrambled to her feet and turned around, angling her head so she looked elegant and tall.

"Miss Sunstone."  A smaller sky-wing announced, standing anxiously in the doorway.  "Queen Scarlet wishes to see you immediately."

"Of course,"  She responded.  "I will be there at once."

The sky-wing quickly nodded and ran off to the throne room.  She looked around her room for a mirror, picking up a silver one.  Peering into the mirror, she inspected her ruby-red scales for any dust or dirt, tracing her golden scales around her neck with a talon as she did so.  As soon as she knew that she was spotless, she grabbed a small crown from a table and placed it delicately on her head.  She then walked out of her room and into the throne room.

"Your majesty."  She said, ducking her head and wings in a deep bow.

Scarlet was on her beautiful throne, hiding her face under a wing, breathing heavily like she did whenever she was angry.  None of the guards or servants were in the room.

"Sunstone.  I need you to set up a fight for the arena."

"Of course, who would you like to fight?"

"I don't care princess.  The citizens will understand that their queen is strong, and the arena is perfect for that.  Send Mistral and someone else in."

"The guards said that Mistral escaped during the panic."

"What.  Did.  You.  Just.  Say."

"Mistral is missing."

Scarlet roared, grabbing her by the jaw and pulling her close to her face.  Half of the queen's face was horrifyingly mangled, blackened and melted.  Sunstone whimpered, terrified.

"YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT MY FAVORITE FIGHTER IS MISSING!?!"  She yelled, glaring directly into Sunstone's horrified eyes.

"I-I'm sorry."  She quickly responded, Scarlet's grip on her jaw hurting.

Scarlet threw her too the ground, letting out a deep snarl.  "Send a guard to go tell Burn.  In the meantime, set up the fight anyway."

"Of c-course mother."  She stuttered, quickly getting up.

Scarlet growled.  "Stop stuttering like a dragonet and go.  If you ever call me 'mother' again, I'll make you wear that muzzle even longer than you did last time!"

Sunstone hurriedly flew down to the guard's quarters, blinking away tears.