fist drop into hell

[Jax Phillips<>commando]

Petrichor V

Jax placed an armored hand around one of the safety bars inside his drop pod as he rocketed towards the surface of the dangerous world of Petrichor V.

Over the operative radio network a Familiar voice began to speak
"This is your Capitan speaking, reports claim that there's something wrong with this place, the Contact light was brought down here by....something...."

With a crackle and a snap another voice entered over the radio, "you mean crashed sir..... right? What could've brought down a ship that size..... right Captain?"

Jax knew the voice well, he had heard it raised in song in the gally, telling jokes in the hallways and generally being an ray of light around the Safe Travels, Katja van hoerden, nicknamed the huntress by the crew thanks to her hard light bow. Jax enjoyed her quick wit, her Dutch accent making her words like a song.

"No.....our reports say it was brought down by a single person....some type of alien we think.... let's pray you don't meet anything like that, prepare for impact,"

The warning was not enough as Jax felt the force of the slam nearly shake his armor apart, causing his HUD to glitch before returning to normal.

"Operatives, your mission is to search for remains of the Contact light and it's cargo," Jax felt a pang of anger as the possibility of survivors weren’t mentioned.

"Orders are orders guys, although..... I can say there's a bonus in it for you if you can find and previous crew or passengers who may have survived, I know that is your specialty you two," this brought a smile to to the camandos hidden face.

"Yes sir," he replied as he brought his boot up and fprward, kicking the door off 9f hos drop pod and taking his first step outside.

"Y’know, this place is almost-" he had to make a quick combat roll to the right to avoid a fireball that was hurled in his direction, "shit! Hostile lifeforms encountered,  permission to engage,"

The captain's response was quick and snaped out of the radio with blazing speed, "granted, give em hell!"

Jax wasted no time as he took his pistols and sent a wave of lead into the large bipedal lizard who had instigated the attack.

The purple reptilian caught the brunt of the spray but somehow stayed standing, growling as it gathered another fireball into its claws, it unfortunately didn't get the chance to throw it as a second drop pod slammed down, eviscerating the creature with pinpoint accuracy.

Our from the pod emerged Katja in her red and black armor, hard light bow at the ready, "Goedemorgen Jax! Kept you waiting,  huh?"

"Your timing is impeccable Katja, ready?"

"Heheh, I'm always ready Jackaboi, let's 'bow'," She punctuated her terrible pun by holding up her weapon, Jax could only shake his helmeted head in response.

"Like bow, go....you get it? They like rhyme, yeah. Eh wat dan ook," She muttered a little defeatedly.

Jax couldn't help but grin at his friend, even in the face of death, she'd have a grin and a pun ready.

"Alright you two, checking the forecast, we're tracking you two, we'll need a bit to get you guys backup, something in that last launch messed with the drop pod station, there should be other Operatives down already but we haven't gotten any word from them," The Capitan informed the two, "but be sure to watch the sky, there's always a risk of rain."