heart still raceing

[Jacqueline casúr<>Loader]

Jacqueline or 'Jacq' as she was often called lifted the large fuel container and moves it across the cargo baywith relative ease, it only weighed a mere five tons, her loader gear hardly needing to strain in order to move, damn she loved her job! Most people saw the job of loading cargo boring, Jacq couldn't disagree more.

As she moved the fuel tank alone in one of the man cargo bays of the UES Safe Travels she could almost feel the sensation of eyes on the back of her neck. Attempting to ignore the feeling she placed the fuel pod on one of the holding racks before stopping at the sound of footsteps clanging off the metal ground, a sound that shouldn't have been made in the empty room.

"Hey! Whoevers there you should head out, it can be dangerous- " She cut herself off as the steps sounded again to her left,  she could see nothing in that location.....

"I don't know who you are, but if you know what's good for you, you'll leave," She emphasized the point by slamming her large mechanical fists together,  the echoing clang ringing around the room.

"Whatever you say," She heard the smooth words behind her as a blade stabbed into her lower backwhere her loader gear didn't cover, the wound burned with pain and Jacq couldn't help but letting out a grunt of pain. Unbeknownst to the intruder, this was a big mistake. With a growl she brought a mechanical elbow backwards grinning as the satisfying 'crack' of metal as her strike struck the attackers helmeted head.

She turned around in time to see the the figure alame against the full tank she had just placed one the rack.

"You Lil' bugger, I was gonna give ya a chance ta get out, but ya really messed up this time," anger mader her Irish brogue much more intense then normal.

As the intruder stood he brushed off his long coat and straitened his blue hat, "Alright then, let's dance!"

The man looked at her throu the glowing blue optic, long knife still gripped in his hand.

Jacq swung with all her might, her fist creating a whistling sound as it picked up speed, only missing by an inch as the intruder dropped backwards landing on his back before contortions on the ground.

"Nice try m'lady," he muttered as he kip-uped, slamming his boots into Jacq's visor causing her to stumble backwards a few steps, "if circumstances were different my dear, I'd be buying you a drink right now, maybe after this?"

The crestfallen look clear even though his mask was almost palpable as Jack began to genuinely laugh at the offer, "Oh boy.... that's a laugh, trust me, yer really not my type,"

She swung at him with blinding speed, catching a blow across his chin and spinning him a full 360 with the force. In an attempt not to put murder on her record she was holding her gear back from full force.

Bringing her own boot up Jacq kicked the stunned desperado into the wall, "ouch, are you sure I'm not your type? because your definitely mine," The intruder barely dodged a metal fist slamming into where his head had been just a moment ago.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure...." The Slightest tilt of her helmet caused the desperado to glance towards a particular calender hanging on the near wall.

"OH..... I see now, sorry for hitting on ya, if I had known I wouldn't have bothered ya,"

"Oh it's ok, I'm used to it by now,"

"Dose it happen often? I kinda got the vibe but I didn't want to assume...."

"No, people often see it pretty quickly,  Y’know?"

"Yeah, sorry about that,  anyways...," The intruder took this momentary pause in melee to grab the revolver at his waist and quickly struck it against the side of the larger woman's helmet before spinning it around and aiming at her, "no hard feelings right?"

"Screw you!"

"We both know you wouldn't," With this final taunt he pulled the trigger,  missing the behemoth of a woman and hitting the fuel take behind her, "Oh shit."

The blast destroyed two of the walls, on connecting to the next cargo bay, and the other to open space.

"Oh shit," was all that Jack was able to mutter as a landing craft was sucked quickly towards her by the vacuum of space. She heald to the ship with a death grip, the metal bending under her gears strength.

She would've been dead in seconds if it hadn't been for her suit, she could survive maybe until they hit the atmosphere, but after that she would burn upon entry. She found the idea almost comical that after everything shed been through this would be her end, funny how she wouldn't even get to see the planet she'd heard stories about. Through her thoughts on her impending doom it was to her great surprise when a purple gauntlet with green fingertips reached out and clasped the railing of her loader gear.

She was pulled into the ship, another helmeted figure quickly slamming the door shut, and so she lay there, heart still racing.