the bulwark and the weak

[Providence<>the bulwark of the weak]

Providence gazed down at the pod from the earthling ship, one that contained a living creature, frozen in time, something small and weak, but full of soul.....

Providence loved soul.

The Bulwark had killed most of the rest of the crew but..... why couldn't he bring himself to obliterate this one? It would take so little effort to be barely a thought, but his sword seemed too heavy to lift.

"Perhaps.....Perhaps one soul could be spared....," he said to nobody in particular, he found himself looking at thr moon of commencement, "brother, if only you could've loved souls as I do.... we could've saved so many together.....I-" the bulwark stopped as he heard the footsteps approaching from behind, the last survivors of the ship.

With a simple movement of his hands he commanded on of his subjects to take the pod away, "rest now little soul, I shall wake you when these few rest in gilded caskets."

He turned towards the footsteps and sighed as the red warning lights and alarms began to blare, focusing his power and teleporting to where the group of misfits stood.

The one in the orange armor stood in defiance, the purple beast at his side, the large one with the sheild, the woman with the bow.... and more.... it would not matter there numbers, none would survive this.

[Katja van hoerden<>the huntress]

Katja zipped over the plains of the dangerous world they had arrived at.

"Jax, do we know where the Contact light even landed on this world? Cap didn't give us a specific place to look," She asked as she placed a hard light arrow through one of the floating creatures spewing flames down at them, she had to quickly dodge a fire ball from a lizard and toss her laser glaive to slice through the creature before blinking forward. She loved the feeling of those micro teleports, the energy flowing through her body as she ripped a hole in reality and dashed through the immaterium.

When she exited the jump she was immediately sending arrows into the waiting aliens, turning them into walking pincushions,"its kinda odd to just send us down here with no direction to go or any real orders other than find the contact light...."

Jax wanted to answer but was a bit busy as he had been grabbed by one of the purple lizards, both a grunt he slammed his helmet backwards and felt the crunch as something broke, as the arms around his torso loosened he slamed his elbow backwards into the creatures side. He hated being grabbed from behind, he went low to the ground and flung out his leg, sweeping the reptiles legs from below, "damn reptiles, why can't we just talk it out for once? Huh?" He placed a boot on the things neck and blasted it in the face with is pistol.

"Our job is to explore Katja, search around and make sure we can set up down here, once we clear out a good chunk here I'm sure they'll send down some support, engineers, loaders and stuff like that, let's just-ugeach," Katja looked over to see her comrad had tripped over a large blue crate.

"Oh, Jax, you alright vriend?" She blinked towards him and gave him a hand up, "quit the tumble there."

She looked down at the blue crate and noticed a very familiar logo, "Oh stront, Jax, this is cargo from the Contact light! Oh yes! We found some of it.... I wonder what's inside. "

Even through the helmet she could see Jax was giving her a look, "Katja, no, that's someone else's cargo."

"But what if...,"

"No"

"How about just-"

"No"

"....."

"....."

"I'm opening it!"

"STAHP!"

The commando attempted to stop her but his speed was no match for the blazing velocity of the hunters as she opened the box, gazing upon to other worldy treasures that lay within, cornucopia of wealth the absolute magisty of...... the ukulele

"Oh....well that's veagly disappointing, " Jax muttered as Katja heald it over her head in triumph.

"IK HOU HIERVAN!!!" The huntress squeeled with glee, she gave a short strum over the cords, an almost electric surge passing through her fingers, "huh, odd...."

"Alright, let's get going, I see more of those containers up ahead and.... huh, is that a cryo-pod?" This grabbed Katja's attention as she looked to where Jax was, she could see the cave he stood in front of, putting the ukulele on her back she blinked to the spot next to him.

"Huh, wanna check it out?"

Jax gave a quick nodded as he readied his pistols.