75 ~ Caught

The long table is filled with whispers and the sounds of paper rustling. I look around to see everyone holding a copy of The Daily Prophet. Mione has found herself one and her eyes bulge in fear and disbelief.

She sets the paper down and looks down towards the end of the table. "Poor Neville."

"What about Neville?" She hands me the paper and I quickly read through. My heart drops and I turn to see Neville staring down at the moving picture of Bellatrix Lestrange. "Excuse me."

I make my way towards Neville and sit down next to him. Everyone whispers and stares at Neville with pity written all over their eyes. "Nev?" No response. He stays staring down at the menacing face that tortured his parents into insanity. "Neville?" He blinks and looks at me, lost, angry, hurt, confused. Small tears start to gather in the corners of his eyes. "Oh Neville." I grab his hand, holding on tight. "Let's get out of here."

He hesitates, but soon enough I'm leading him out of the Great Hall and towards the Herbology classroom. The room is bright and filled with ever-growing plants. Butterflies fly around the room as well as ladybugs, dragon flies, and some friendly wasps. I admire them all, jealous of how innocent and carefree they are.

Small sniffles disrupt my thoughts. I turn around to find Neville gone. After looking around the rows and rows of plants, I find Neville in one of the darker corners, sitting on the floor. His head rests in his hands, his shoulders shake, his sniffles and sobs are quiet, but loud enough for me to hear. I approach slowly.

"Nev," I whisper. "I am so sorry." He moves away from me, shielding himself. I crouch, laying a hand on his shoulder. "Is there anything I can do?"

"Can I be alone?" he stutters.

"Of course. Come find me, alright? If not I'll be back in a while to check on you." He nods, sobbing more into his shoulder. I open my mouth to try and say something else, but I close it and make my way to the common room instead.

The Azkaban escape. Prisoners out. Death Eaters. Escaped. Inescapable prison. Escaped. Escaped. Escaped. Fuck. Damn it. Shit. Fuck. Fuck.

"FUCK." I kick the castle wall, running my hands through my hair.

This isn't good. With all those Death Eaters out, it's only a matter of moments when they reunite with Voldemort. It's only a matter of time. I just know that the ministry will pin this on my dad. What else could they possibly do? They have nothing else– no one else. It's only a matter of time until they come looking for me. I'm his daughter. It's only natural right? It's only fucking natural that his daughter would come out to be just as murderous as he was. Only he wasn't murderous, he was innocent, but they don't know that and they will never care to know it. Even in the Order, sooner or later they'll come to doubt me. They'll come to think the worst of me. I'm taking in the children of Death Eaters, of course, they'll doubt. By doing this one good thing I'm subjecting myself to doubt and too many chances.

"Fuck!" A loud thud rocks the ground, swaying me off balance. A heavy oak tree split in half lay a few feet from me. I take a step back in shock, looking down at my already spread hands. "I did that?" I whisper.

"You're full of mysteries aren't you?"

I recoil in surprise and take my wand out, pointing it at whoever spoke. My eyes meet brown eyes that are no longer surrounded by soft yellow bruises, but the bags underneath show that sleep is scarce.

He looks down at my wand. "Don't think you need that, do you?"

I grip my wand tighter, needing to distract or make him forget what he just saw. "Nott... I see the bruises have healed up."