Three

Looking across the water, I started to see the Azulon statue.

The Fire Nation. A nation currently of tyranny, bringing evil to every corner of the world. But an evil nation? Someone I know, would say different. I smiled at the thought.

As the boats drew closer to the gates, i started to get a bit anxious. What if they don't let me talk and shut me down? I had to have hope in Azula, but what if it's not enough?

I looked down at my reflection in the water. "What's all the gloom for?" Azula said. "Have you started counting your days?" she got closer to me, "if you're a fraud." 

she stepped away from me and the gates drew fire. she looked up at the soldiers and they immediately started to open them.

 "I've decided to bring you not out of desperation, but out of intuition. It does feel like you know something, something useful. But, if you slip even slightly out of place, i will not hesitate to bring you down."

i just smiled. "you're very smart, princess."

"M/N, welcome to the fire nation!" Ty Lee said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. 

Mai crossed her arms and sighed. "i've seen this like a million times. there's nothing special about it anymore."

"that doesn't mean it isn't. I've heard a little about the gates of Azulon, i will never forget seeing it." i said to Mai.

"you'll get tired of it too."

I chuckled and remembered, how A and Mai got tired of eachother. But that hasn't happened yet.

"We're almost there. I will report to my father about you, you will tell me everything you know, and then we'll decide what to do with you next." Azula said

"sounds like a plan," i responded.

"but do you think father would really consider this. you brought a random peasant who claimed to know things. anyone can say that." Zuko spoke.

"I suggest you think about our days at the beach Zuko, maybe that'll refresh your memory. And could you please trust me for once? Do you have no faith in your own sister?"

Zuko grumbled and leaned back towards Mai. "Enough worthless chatting. From now on, we should only talk about things that matter." she said side eyeing Zuko.

- - - - - - -- 

I walked behind Zuko and Azula's royal carriage things. Mai and Ty Lee went to their homes, and i didn't have one in this world so i'll be staying near or in the palace.

If you stay at all, Azula said. 

The stares from the guards, walking behind them in silence. it was very awkward but also kinda funny. i wanted it to end quickly though. i was trying to figure out what i was going to tell Azula, and i didn't have much of a plan.

If i were to tell her the truth about everything, would she believe me?

If she didn't what would happen? I should've thought this out more.

"We're almost there. You better get your story ready." Azula said with sly in her voice.

I gulped as I saw the Fire Nation Royal Palace in view. 

"You better get yours ready for Father." Zuko shot back.

I smirked and felt weight being lifted from my shoulders.

----------

Once we got in the palace, Zuko went to his own quarters and i was being led somewhere.

I gawked at the palace with interest. It was nothing like I'd ever seen in my world, it felt like something out of a cartoon. 

And technically i guess it was.

"I'm glad you're impressed," Azula said, noticing my behavior. "The palace was built thousands of years ago by master architects. Ever since then, there have been new installments, but only simple ones, so the original still stands. It is the greatest reflection of the fire nation's history, of any nation's history in the world."

"Mhm, I'm not so sure. This is amazing! but i hear the Northern Water Tribe is very beautiful too. Oh, and Ba Sing Se's walls. Or the Western Air Temple. Or the-"

"Oh don't bore me! I've heard about those places, I don't even have to go there to know they are nothing in comparison to the Fire Nation." She stopped walking and tilted her head to me.

"Any more talk of other nations that do not have anything to do with the information you claim to have will result in consequences. Do i make myself clear?" 

The seriousness in her voice scared me. Have i made the wrong choice? But i know A would never hurt me. "Y-yes Princess."

"Alright then." She continued to walk and the guards gripped my arms tighter. 

We passed portraits of the fire lords, in between some of them, there were other paintings, but long red cloth covered them.

"Are those....avatar paintings?" I said hesitantly, not wanting to anger her. "Yes, they are. Plans to destroy them are ongoing. A disposal site is being made at one of the colonies. Maybe it's yours!" She responded.

"How are you even know if I'm earth kingdom or not?"

"Your eyes. If you wanted to hide that part about yourself, you should've tried harder, if you did at all."

Dang. 

"Well let's say I'm from a colony. Would that make me fire nation?"

"Yes. Not from the mainland, but any land that is ours." 

I looked at more of the paintings as we passed them by. I read the names on them and saw one i knew.

"Hey! That's Zoryu! Fire Lord Zoryu!" 

We stopped again and Azula looked at what I was yelling at. "Yes. And?"

"I know him!" Azula raised an eyebrow. "Do you?" I asked her.

She put a finger on her chin in a thinking manner. "That was centuries ago.." she said thinking. "The Camillea-Peony War?"

"Yes yes! He was the Fire Lord during Avatar Kyoshi's time. there were many, but he was the fire lord when it was realized that she was the avatar. They were friends kinda."

She scoffed. "Enough talk about Avatars. They are enemies to the fire lord and the fire nation. And he brought shame to our nation by letting that false avatar wreck priceless art, and kill officials. "

"Well, that was different. And that wasn't always the case." 

"I'm starting to think you came here just to waste my time and die." We stopped at a door. "Good thing we're here."

A guard opened the door and Azula stepped in and stood at the side. I was thrown? Or pushed? Into the room. 

"Leave us." Azula waved her hand. They closed the door.

"Now,"

She sat in a chair, crossed her legs, and put her fingers together.

"You have a lot of explaining to do."