Chapter 1: Hello, little fellow!

The day is passing by just like any other usual day.

Pro-gamer Yoo Joonghyuk, a ridiculously handsome and rich gamer who gets paid for his looks live gaming streams stretches his sore muscles as he has finished another long stream. He takes a quick glance at the clock and looks at the time. It's currently eight pm. He should get ready quickly to bring his little sister Yoo Mia home. She has been at her friend's house since yesterday as she had insisted on a sleep-over. He gets up and gets ready to go.

𓆩♡𓆪

"...And Yoosung's mom cooked for us, her cooking is good but not as good as you, oppa."

Yoo Joonghyuk hummed, ruffling his sister's hair. He may not say it often but he tried to show his little sister that she meant the world to him. After all she was the only blood related member he had now, anyway.

Yoo Mia had insisted on eating an ice cream at the nearby park, Joonghyuk had parked his car and proceeded to walk with his little sister. It was nice, listening to her chatter away, he needed a break once in a while and walks like these were something he enjoyed. When Mia finished her ice-cream they proceeded to walk to the way the car was parked. As they were walking, the siblings stopped when they heard someone hissing in pain and crying. Mia followed the voice and Joonghyuk hurriedly followed her telling her not to go alone, that it could be dangerous and he stops when he sees her crouching, legs on the ground as she is looking at someone? Something?

He steps a little further to get a glimpse and his eyes land on a beautiful white bird with black crest, injured and slightly bleeding, sitting on a bush painfully and hissing.

What kind of bird was this?

"...Poor thing looks injured..." Mia muttered, frowning.

"What kind of bird is that?" Yoo Joonghyuk scrutinized the injured bird. 

"I don't know but it's so beautiful, oppa!" Mia exclaimed, Yoo Joonghyuk knew where this was going.

"Mia. I am already saying this, no. We are not taking it home." He said in a firm, resolute voice which made Yoo Mia scowl.

"Oppa please! Just until he heals, I promise!” She pleaded with wide sparkly eyes and Joonghyuk huffed. Joonghyuk felt a headache coming, he really doesn't know where Mia got her amazing manipulation skills.

"...Fine. But once he is better, we are letting him go." He sighed.

"Thank you, oppa!" The little girl beamed.

"It's late right now, and Sangah's clinic must be closed so we will take the bird to the vet tomorrow, okay?" Yoo Joonghyuk said as he moved closer to the bird.

"It's okay, oppa! You can stop his bleeding, right?” Yoo Mia looked genuinely worried for the bird.

"...Yes." Guess the conversation he heard about when Sangah was chattering about how she stopped a bird's bleeding and healed his injured leg and Joonghyuk actually attentively listening is going to come in handy.

"What should I call him, oppa?" Yoo Mia peeked at the bird, expression filled with excitement.

"I don’t know." Her brother replied blankly.