Chapter 4: A wish

Both of them were quiet, too quiet. With Guwon or Dokja looking at the sheets rather than Joonghyuk's face who was sitting next to his small figure on his bed. After some suffocating silence, Joonghyuk decided to speak up first.

"...How are you feeling?"

He didn't get a reply, after another long pause Dokja muttered with a dejected voice.

"Sorry. I have troubled you once again."

Joonghyuk wanted to deny but before that, he wanted to talk to Dokja properly.

"Kim Dokja. Can you turn into your human form?"

He cautiously asked, making sure he didn't cross his boundaries, Dokja looked confused, if he was in human form, he'd probably be raising an eyebrow.

"Why? You dislike it." He replied in a flat tone.

"That's not it. I don't." Joonghyuk pondered over it for a moment, adding a "Please."

He didn't get any reply but silence, he sighed taking the silence as a 'no' but those thoughts got buried in his mind as he heard a 'poof' he snapped his head to see the beautiful yet tired man. 

The man in question was just as beautiful as ever, his long, smooth feathers covering his lower half while his hair was a mess, he seemed even skinnier than before, he had his precious body battered with bruises, looking so weak and fragile. Joonghyuk clenched his jaw and tried to calm himself before he committed an arson. Fuck he doesn't care if those brats were kids, they hurt Kim Dokja. And even if it wasn't Dokja... how could they hurt a fucking bird? How could they throw stones on it? He felt furious and angry. He hated seeing Dokja hurt. He wanted to see Dokja smile, not the sad smile but a genuine one; he could only wonder how beautiful the man would look if he genuinely smiled.

"...Joonghyuk?"

"Huh?"

Ah. He zoned out again. 

"...Are you disappointed? I can turn back int-"

And he got cut off because suddenly, the taller and stronger man pulled him into a tight hug, with a "Shut up, Kim Dokja."

Kim Dokja froze, his eyes widened in surprise, his hands shaking and hovering in the air. It was awkward for him as he didn't know where to put his hands until Joonghyuk held and clasped both of his hands, squeezing them tightly. He nuzzled his head in the crook of Dokja's neck, sniffing in the familiar scent. He really really wondered why he didn't hug him earlier, one hug and he felt so lightheaded, free and content. Was he this 'down bad' for Kim Dokja whenever he turned into his human form? It wasn't like Joonghyuk didn't find Dokja as Guwon cute but being attracted to Dokja as a human was totally different. He felt a sudden pull whenever Dokja transformed, he wondered if this could be called affection in another way. 

"...’Hyuk I can't breathe." Dokja tried to snap him out of his daze. The man was hugging him so tightly he felt like he'd stop breathing.

"Joonghyuk!"

"Ah." He loosened his grip a bit but not enough to let go.