Chapter 2 - An Eventful Day

*Lisa's POV*

Fuck! I am sure they did it on purpose. I cussed in my mind as I washed my hair carefully without getting my uniform wet.

I am here in the bathroom now. One of my stupid classmates threw the board duster at me, and now my hair is full of chalk. She said she was aiming for the guy behind me, but I know it's a lie. It's not the first time things like this have "accidentally" happened to me. I am an easy target for many students here, and they find it harmless to target me because if something goes wrong or I snap, Jennie would come back them up, and everyone knows I can't go against Jennie. It's like an unbreakable spell. I want to scream at the top of my lungs, but I can't. They all see me as an unwanted book in a library, tossed into a corner to rot.

I was still washing my face and hair when Jennie and two of her friends came in. They looked at me like they were expecting me here. Jennie was watching the whole thing when it happened, but I didn't think she would follow me.

What does she want now?

I had already completed the work she gave me in the morning. I had to work on it for the first two hours that Mrs. Bae caught during the first hour, and I got an earful for not completing "my" homework at home. She also had me standing the whole lecture. I could feel Jennie's gaze on me sometimes, and I was pretty sure she was enjoying it.

"We just wanted to thank you for your service."

Jennie's voice brought me back to the present. She was standing a few inches away from me with her arms crossed and a smirk on her face. I didn't have anything to say, so I returned to what I was doing. She didn't say anything. Instead, one of her friends awarded me a bucket of water. Great, I am now thoroughly wet.

"Wha-"

I was cut off by her cold yet firm voice.

"You shouldn't avoid me, Manoban. It won't do you any good."

I gulped as she took a step toward me.

"This was a thank you for finishing your task. Jihyo was pleased with your work, weren't you?" She turned her head to Jihyo, who was standing behind Jennie. She was looking at me with such loathing in her eyes and smirked. She nodded her head to Jennie in agreement. I formed my palm into a fist to hold my anger and kept my eyes down. I could feel the tears of rage building up.

"I told you not to avoid me just now, and you are not even listening." She stepped closer.

"Jennie-"

"No need to say sorry now."

What!? I wasn't going to. Will you ever let me finish a fucking sentence?

"This was just a warning to let you know what could happen if you avoid me. Now,"

She placed her index finger on my forehead to raise my face.

"Yerin forgot her P.E clothes, so we are taking yours." She declared. Yerin, the other girl with Jennie.

"What about me?" I snapped suddenly. Our P.E instructor is super strict, and he had let go of me with warnings or minor punishments before because I am the only one who always forgets the P.E uniform, like now. The last time I missed, he made me clean our classroom for a week. So, I don't know what he will make me do this time, but Jennie looks completely unbothered.

"Do I look like I care?" Jennie countered.

"You should be grateful that we let you know, at least." Yerin spoke this time.

"But-"

Jennie cut me off again.

"We don't have time for your whining, Manoban. Bell rings in five minutes. Whether you like it or not, we are taking it. Got something to say?" She asked, arching an eyebrow.