Chapter 23. First Shift

In my new cozy apartment in Seattle, I put my mug of coffee picking up the phone as Fred calls me, I answer "Hey, Dad"

Fred on the phone "Lydia, I was checking on you"

I grab my bag "I am fine"

"Well the kids miss you here"

I close the apartment "Hell yeah, I just need to be away, I couldn't realize it's been an actual year"

"Lydia, your siblings have been alone for a year and they asked Archie and Betty if you showed up"

I open my Impala and get in "Dad, seriously I do my best to be comfortable when I see them"

"I need you to know you are not alone"

I sigh "I know, Dad"

♡ Epic Love ♡

I park my car in the parking lot of the hospital look at it and take a deep breath, new competition.

♡ Epic Love ♡

I get in the operating room late but it is filled with other interns. Dr. Webber talks to them "Each of you comes here hopeful. Wanting in on the game. A month ago you were in med school being taught by doctors" I look at Dr. Richard Webber "Today, you are the doctors. The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to the breaking point."

I gaze upon the operating room with hope, aspiring to become the best surgeon.

"Look around you. Say hello to your competition. Eight of you will switch to an easier specialty. Five of you will crack under the pressure. Two of you will be asked to leave. This is your starting line. This is your arena. How well you play? That's up to you."

♡ Epic Love ♡

In the intern locker room. I am changing my clothes into the scrub, I am confused a little. The nurse calls out "Okay. Martin, Robinson, Bond, Parkins."

A hot blonde, I saw yesterday called Meredith, she turns to us "Only six women out of twenty."

A female Korean intern looks at her "Yeah. I hear one of them's a model. Seriously, like that's going to help with the respect thing?"

"I hear there is a queen bee"

I close my locker looking at them "I guess I'm the queen bee"

Korean female laughs nervously "I thought you were the model"

I raise my eyebrow at her.

Meredith guessing us "You're Cristina, right? And you are Lydia"

I nod shaking her hand "Lydia Blossom"