5. Villager B Part 1

| After Practice |

Yachi was standing outside of the gym by herself. She was already changed but she wasn't quite sure if it was okay to leave yet. Was this just it? Did they all change and go home?

As she pondered this, you happened to see her out of the corner of your eye. You were all ready to go home, but something made you stop. She shouldn't have to stand out her all alone.

"Hey," you say as you approach her, giving her a slight startle. "How ya feeling?"

She gives you a hesitant smile. "I'm fine." She didn't really know how to act towards you yet, considering your random mood swings.

"That's good." You comment.

And immediately the conversation dies.

Yachi shuffles, uncomfortable in the awkward silence.

"So, uh.." you desperately search for any semblance of a topic. "Whatcha waiting out here by yourself for?"

Yachi jolts. That's the last question she had wanted you to ask. "Um.. well. I..."

"Ah, doesn't matter. I'll wait with you. Can't have you standing out here in the dark all alone." You say, saving her from her own embarrassment.

"Thanks," she says softly. Yeah, she had definitely misjudged you. But where the hell did this nice guy attitude come from?

"Oh," you turn as you hear Kiyoko's voice. "You guys are changed already. I'll walk you home, wait right there while I get changed."

You smile. "Okay."

Yachi jolts. "Y-you don't have to do that! In fact, I should probably be the one escorting you, and, um!"

You chuckle quietly, finding her to be quite cute. Kiyoko also laughs and reassures her it's okay before heading off to go get changed. "Oh.." Yachi stares after her.

"Mind if I join you two?" You ask. You wanted to make it up to Yachi but you didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

"You dont have to! But, um," she gives you a big smile, "yeah, if you want to."

You opened your mouth to answer but Takeda's voice grabbed your attention.

"Oh, not really. It's just, well... I thought we could borrow the school bus for our Tokyo field trip but apparently another club is scheduled to use it those days, so we won't get it. Expenses look like they might be higher than expected too. I was just wondering what to do about it."

You furrow your eyebrows, listening intently.

"Huh. I'll try hitting up more alums for some donations. Though this is probably an issue we'll have to wrestle with again in the future," Coach Ukai says.

"Thank you. I'll see if I can figure out something, myself. Though if worse comes to worst, I do have a savings account."

"Woah, woah, woah. Save that money for your future wedding or a house or something!"

Your attention was grabbed yet again by a certain energtic someone yelling out, "Yachi-san!" It scared the living daylights out of the poor girl.

Hinata skidded to a stop in front of you and the blonde. "You're gonna be our manager, right!? Right!?"

"Little love, don't pressure her." You pat his head.

Tanaka and Noya come walking up. "Yo, yo! Hey there, first-year girlie girl!" (I kid you not this is how Tanaka greets her in the manga)