2- Stay

Yn woke up with a gasp. Her eyes shot open and she sat up. The room she was in was dark. She was in a bed with black sheets over her. Was that all a nightmare? If so, where was she now?

She slid out of the covers and off the bed. She looked around as her heart raced. "How did I get here?" She muttered to herself. She stood up and walked to the center of the room.

Just then, the door opened and a grey skinned figure walked inside. Yn jumped at the new presence and backed away. The masked ghoul looked at her. "Oh, you're awake. I was just coming to bring you a new pair of clothes." He said quietly, his blue eyes glinting in the minimal light within the room. He began walking over to a table. "The ones you have on are dirty," he mentioned, setting the clothes on the tabletop.

Yn bit her lip, leaning against the bed to keep her distance. "Thanks..." she mumbled, fumbling with her hands behind her back.

"Rain." He said, glancing at her. Yn nodded at him. "I'll be waiting for you outside once you're done changing. There's someone waiting to meet you." He informed the girl before leaving the room. He quietly closed the door behind him.

Yn took a deep breath and looked around, searching for a possible way to escape. She moved the curtains, opened doors, and shuffled furniture around. Nothing. She was on the second floor and jumping from the window would injure her. The doors led to a closet and a bathroom.

She huffed in defeat and grabbed the clothes. She began changing by tossing her shirt off. When she was done she looked at the outfit Rain had brought in for her. It was a simple black dress with raven flats that had rose lace over them. It was cute.

She threw the dress on before slipping the shoes onto her feet. She then walked over to the door and slowly opened it. She peered into the hallway. Her eyes met Rain's as he watched her behind the door. She nervously chuckled and walked out, closing the door behind her. "Sorry I uhm, took so long," she mumbled.

He tilted his head. "It's fine. Let's go," he said, beginning to walk down the corridor. Yn ran to catch up with him. They walked side by side in silence. Yn kept glancing at the ghoul.

She bit her lip. "What's with the mask?" She asked inquisitively. She played with her fingers as she held her hands behind her back.

Rain seemed to steal a glimpse at her before returning his attention back to where he was going. "Humans are not meant to see our faces. Really, normal humans aren't meant to see ghouls at all," he explained vaguely.

Yn quirked a brow in confusion. "What? What does that mean?" She pressed. She was practically begging to know the answer. Yn really did like new things and adventure. And this was definitely something new to her.

Rain sighed. "Ghouls are summoned for specific reasons by certain people. We have been summoned by Papa to serve under his rule. The only humans that are supposed to see our ghoul forms are the ones who live in this ministry." He stated, clasping his hands together.

Yn's eyebrows furrowed. Papa? Ghoul forms? They turned down a hall. "You.. have other forms?" The girl inquired, looking at him.

Rain paused and gazed down at her. "You ask a lot of questions. You really are a curious one, aren't you?" He muttered. He shook his head. "We're here. Just knock and wait to be allowed inside. I won't be here when you're done." He said monotonously. He began walking away.

Yn watched him in surprise. Everything he said was so quick. It was a bit to take in all at once. She sighed and looked at the door in front of her. She slowly raised her hand and knocked twice on the door. She held her breath before she heard a "come in" come from the other side.

She took a deep breath and carefully opened the door. Her eyes locked with an old woman's. "Come come. Sit here." She motioned towards the chair in front of the desk she sat behind. Yn slowly walked over after closing the door. She sat down, nervously tapping her leg. The woman held a smile on her lips. "I've been informed that you've happened to see our ghouls' faces and general appearances." She began, clasping her hands together on the desk.

Yn slowly nodded. "You have two options," the woman stated. "You can stay here at the ministry or you can go back home. However, your freedom will be limited. Someone will always be there to make sure you keep quiet about what you've seen." She explained seriously.

Yn's jaw dropped and her eyes widened. That was basically no freedom at all, she thought. She sat in silent shock for a few moments, still processing the information just given to her. She opened and closed her mouth repeatedly, trying to grasp at what that meant. She didn't have a choice, really.

She swallowed. "I uhm, I guess I just have to stay here," she mumbled. "There's not really a decision to be made, is there?" She quietly inquired.

The woman ignored her final words. "Good! I'll have your room prepared right away. Now, let me introduce myself." She stood up. Yn felt small and shrunk back into the chair. "My name is Sister Imperator. And you are?" She said, quirking a brow at the h/c haired girl.

Yn fumbled before standing up. "It's just Yn," she answered. She watched as Sister walked over to her side of the desk and stood in front of her.

The old woman held her hands together. "I'm sure you're going to love it here. Of course you'll have duties to attend to, but I promise they won't overwhelm you." She informed.

Yn slowly nodded. She sighed. Well, if she was going to be there for god knows how long she might as well suck it up and live her best life. She let out a small smile. "Okay. Thank you, Sister Imperator," she replied.

The woman nodded and began leading her towards the door. She put her hand on the younger girl's back and opened the door for her. "I'll call a ghoul to give you a tour. For now, go down the hall and wait outside the cafeteria." She pointed down the corridor.

Yn nodded and headed in the direction. She had this feeling in the pit of her stomach. It was excitement. This was nothing she was used to and she couldn't wait to explore. A wide grin found its way to her lips as she stood in front of the large double doors of the cafeteria.

It was only a few minutes before she heard footsteps. She turned and was met with purple eyes behind a black mask with dark goggles. A smile was placed on grey lips. "So your name is Yn?"

|
|
———
|