︵‿︵‿୨♡ 3 ♡୧‿︵‿︵

i hate the mall. i hate working at the mall. i have to deal with shitty people, with shitty attitudes, all day, everyday. ok that's an overreaction. but still, i hate it, i just need the money for a stupid car.
     i deal with a lot of different kinds of people, but i think my least favorite to work with is kids from school. it doesn't happen super often, but it sucks when it does. i've noticed gwen and cody come here a lot.
     they spilt up though and end up never paying at my register. i hope that's not on purpose. gwen goes to the horror/thriller section and cody goes to the comic section. i wanna know more about what he reads, but he never seems to come to my register.
     he doesn't even seem to make eye contact with me. does he hate me? i really hope that's not the case. he talks to me a lot when we're alone at school, but when he's with his friends, specifically gwen, he gets all scared.
     anyways, as of now, im helping some old lady buy some weird biography when i see a large figure with scruffy blonde hair. owen. "thank you, have a nice day." the lady smiled and walked away.
     i looked back to where owen was, to see cody following along behind him, them both going to the comic section. owen does this often, where he comes here, looks around, comes to my register and talks to me for a good hour, but since he's with cody, will that be different?
     i really hope not. five minutes past and just as expected, owen rushes over to me, with no cody though. my smile faded a bit. "hi buddy!" i sighed and put on a goofy grin. "hi owen."
     "how's work beennn." he asks this question every single time, in the exact same way and i guve him the exact same answer almost evertime. "boring, as always. im done in-" i paused to check my wrist watch. "ten minutes."
     "cool! you should walk around the mall with me and cody when you're done!" i blushed a bit. "i don't know." he nudged my shoulder slightly and due to his weight it felt more like a push.
     "come onnn, you can make some moves on cooooooddyyy." "stop it!" my blush only getting darker. "hehe. im gonna go back to him actually, ill be back though!" "mkay." he walked off to go supposedly find cody.
     owen, izzy and eva are the only people he know about, well uh, cody. me and cody. no- how i feel about cody. that i like cody! owen and izzy are so annoying about it, they're lucky i love them.
     i looked at my watch. five more minutes. owen walked back up just as i was helping someone else, cody tagging along this time. once i was done owen came rushing up again after the person was done paying, cody seemed nervous but tagged along.
     he placed a comic down on the desk and owen out his elbows there too. "sooo. is work over yet." i checked the time. "two more minutes." "i can waste that much of your time."
     i smiled. "i know." i grabbed codys book and scanned it. "is this all?" owen smiled and nudged him. weird. "i- uh. n-no?" "oh? ok. what else do you need?" owen nudged him again, he got pink.
     "i- id like- id like uh- id like a date with you..?" now it was time turn to blush. "are you to messing with me?" owen giggled. "no! no im not it's just- owen purposely brought me here so i could do this exact thing and it was all his idea but i mean it unless you think its dumb and you're gonna say no then yeah this is all a joke haha-" he said practically all in one word. he was out of breath and red.
     i snorted, he got reder."i hate you owen." "heyy! what did i do!" i smiled dumbly. "so, im guessing you know that i like you? cause owen told you?" "i- uh- yeah-" owen nudged cody again.
     "cody! shhh." pfft. "but i really do mean it! i like you too! and i really do want to take you out!" i looked down at my watch. "my shift is over. i'll be back hold on." once i got that over and done with, i came back to the two who were still waiting in line.
     "oh shit i never got you your book-" i put fifteen dollars into the cash register, just as much as the book is, and handed it to him. "here, sorry." "no no its fine! here, let me pay you back." he said opening his wallet.
     "nah, you can just pay me back with that date. where yah takin' me?" he blushed red and his eyes wided. "anywhere you want!" we started slowly walking out of barnes and nobles.
     "dork, you're asking me out, i think you have to plan it." "oh. i'm sorry ive never been on a date." "i can tell." i laughed. owen looked over to the side and saw the food court.
     "ill be back you guys! im hungry!" "alright goof, don't get lost." "i wont noah!" i giggled. "h- how about the movies?" "hm. alright sure. when? what do you wanna see?" "whenever and whatever you want."
     simp. "im free tomorrow. does that work? and i really don't care what we see." "ok! yeah that works! i- i don't either just- just as long as i get to be with you." i shoved him a little.
     "oh my god you idiot!" he smiled all dorky. "you wanna come over today? help me with my math homework since you're a big ol' math nerd?" he looked at me and seemed shocked.
     "like- go to your house?" "yeah if that's alright with you." he looked down and bit back a smile. "yeah, id like that." "yeah, me too." we both smiled and made eye contact. "y- you have nice eyes."
     "wowww, how charming." i paused and smiled some more. "you're cute cody anderson." he smiled. "now come with me to find owen so we can get out of here." "heh, ok."

[𝟙𝟘𝟝𝟚 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤]

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷  - 𝓷𝓸𝓪𝓱 ╰┈➤