Chapter 1

- 4 Years Later -

"Otou-san!! Wake up!"

The motion I was being shaken at caused me to gain consciousness, knocking me out of my sleep and my eyes fluttered open. The first thing I could see was Ayaka standing over me, happily jumping and I s thlowly sat myself up, surprised by her high energy.

"Morning..." I greet and she nearly falls down, but catches herself and launches at me for a hug, her arms wrapped around my chest.

I gently pat her back and kissed the top of her head, Ayaka responding with her cute giggle as she released me and stood up.

"Why are you so happy in the morning?" I question.

"I don't know!" She answered and I immediately shuffled into a better sitting position.

"Alright...Is your grandma up already?" I ask and she she nodded enthusiastically.

"She's already preparing breakfast for the guests!"

"Oh, cool. Go to her and wait for me, okay?" I tell her and she nods again, hopping off my futon and rushing out.

"She has way too much energy..."

I pull the covers off and use my right hand as support to stand up, my eyes averting to the clock hung on the wall.

And as usual, I'm woken up at 6:30am.

Letting out a groan, I tilt my head both sides to click my neck and back to remove the stiffness, letting out a satisfied grunt.

"Otou-san! Obaa-chan needs your help!" Ayaka's head poked out from the sliding doors and I smile, making way over.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I chuckled at the impatient child and follow her out of my room, heading down the veranda towards the staff entrance, leading to back area where the kitchen and our living room was.

My mother stood by the counter, moving the bowls and plates onto the cart, looking up to me as I entered.

"You needed my help?"

"No. Did Ayaka tell you that?" She laughed and I looked to the child who cheekily grinned, standing at the end of the room behind the couch.

"Come here, you!" I lightly jogged over to her and she ran around the couch, giggling as we repeatedly ran in a circle for a moment before I sped up, swiftly moving my arms under her back and legs to lift her up, cradling her as I began to spin around.

Her laughs filled the room and she grabbed my cheeks, pulling on them as she brightly smiled.

"Ow!" I whined and she released them.

"Okaa-san. Has Ayaka eaten already?"

"Yeah, she has. Are you gonna have breakfast too? Because I can prepare it now before I head off to the guest rooms." She asked and I shook my head.

"I'm alright. Rin forced me to finish her leftovers last night so I do not feel like eating at the moment."

"I don't understand how that girl is able to stay so thin." She scratched her head and began to push the trolley out, leaving the space leaving us two alone.

"Otou-san! What are we doing today?" Ayaka asked as I kneeled down, carefully placing her down on her feet and thought for a brief moment.

"I don't really know. Is there anywhere you want to go to?" I ask and she shook her head.

"Not really."

"Well, should we just head to Rin's and figure it out later?"

"Okay!" She nodded and I rubbed the top of her head while yawning.