Chapter 2

I felt a bump against my arm and I turned my head to see Ayaka resting her head against me, eyes closed which let me know that she was sleeping I carefully used an arm to place her head on my lap for a more comfortable position.

"She must be really tired," Rin said while looking at the sleeping child.

"Yeah. She's not used to travelling so it's taking a lot out of her." I say while opening the cap of my energy jelly, drinking from the packet while staring out the window.

"I still can't believe you left Hachinohe though."

"Yeah. I'm still nervous about being in a large city though." I gulp and she waved her hand.

"It'll be fine. Stop being so worried. You won't have fun with that mentality."

"I guess you're right."

"You will never be alone. I'll be here with you on this journey," She sang and I rolled my eyes at the reminder of that song, clicking my tongue at that era of my idol days.

"You sing one more line and you'll be sleeping for the rest of the train ride."

"C'mon, your debut songs were good. It's just that one song was exceptionally cringe. The music video though. That editing for your scenes too. Peak cinema at its finest." She cackled and I shook my head.

"Don't talk about that music video ever again..."

"But you went viral for that flower bouquet scene, remember?" She said with a smug look.

"Yes, I remember. It wasn't exactly great since my friends constantly teased me about it, especially BamBam. Instead of greeting me normally, he'd just say that stupid line and slap my ass."

Her cheeky expression grew and she acted as if there were one in her hands, holding them out.

"Are you talking about the classic line at the end? Jagiya, shall we go?"

I scrunched my face in cringe as she did impression of my bad acting, even imitating my actions and turned my head to face the window again.

"I blame Hyung for that one..." I groan in Korean, slowly raising the jelly to my lips and aggressively slurping the remaining jelly in an instant.

"Do you think you'll ever tell Ayaka?" She hummed and I shrugged my shoulders, looking down at her precious sleeping face.

"Probably. Not now but maybe when she's a bit older."

Our conversation was cut short as the station was now in sight, and I gently shook Ayaka to wake her up, her eyes slowly opened as she let out a groan.

"We're here."

"We are?" She said with her eyes twinkling and sat up, I chuckled at her change in mood as we waited for the stop.

____________

- Time skip -

We approached the quite large house and stood in place, doubling and checking the number on the mailbox.

"Yup, this is it," I say and there was a quiet, but audible set of footsteps from behind the door and it slid open, revealing the familiar-looking person.

"Rin! Long time no see!" She immediately hugged her, and Rin returned with a huge grin.

"It's been ages since I've seen you, Hanako-chan! You've certainly gotten prettier."

"Nonsense. I look the same as before." They separated from the hug and she looked at me.

"(Y/n), how are you?"