Ch. 1 | High in the halls

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・"What is the meaning of this father!" Rhaenyra scoffed in disbelief, pushing the doors to the throne room open, "she is but a child"

"What is the meaning of this father!" Rhaenyra scoffed in disbelief, pushing the doors to the throne room open, "she is but a child"

Now a woman grown, 17 years of age and heavy with a child of her own, Rhaenyra stood before her father, breast heaving with increasing frustration, "you cannot send her away father!"

Viserys stood from his throne of swords, dismissing his men, "leave us"

Rhaenyra crossed her arms, a stern look resting on her beautiful face, "what is the meaning of this father? Surely they must be rumors, a child of only six namedays cannot be sent to the north, a princess at that"

Her father clenched his jaw, "the princess will be a ward of house Stark for a few winters, They are a very valued house to the crown and the lady of Winterfell has taken a liking to her"

She scoffed, walking closer, "you would send her out there where she has no kin nor knowledge of how to protect herself? Her dragon is still yet to hatch"

"This has been the plans since before her birth my child, your mother wished for your sibling to become their ward"

Rhaenyra looked away from him, shaking her head as tears formed in her eyes "why did you or mother never tell me of this? You have taken away my friend, my freedom and just like you did with mother you wish to rip my sister away from me!"

The silence hung uncomfortably around them, "I...i did not mean that" Rhaenyra stuttered.

Viserys nodded, stepping away from his daughter, "yes, yes you did, my girl" He gave her a forced slight smile, "the princess shall leave soon, I suggest you bid your goodbyes"

He went to move his throne, "wait" Rhaenyra muttered, "When she comes back from the north I wish to take her in, I will raise her as my own since you do not wish to"

Viserys sighed, not wanting to further the argument, "I will think on it, daughter"

Rhaenyra turned at that, marching away to find her baby sister, as Alicent, now the Queen walked towards her.

"He does not wish to offend, stepdaughter" Alicent spoke in a quiet clipped tone having listened into her their conversation, the boy, Aegon stood at her hip, only months younger than Aemira. her stomach as well swollen with yet another.

The princess barely glanced her way, "he wishes to be rid of her just as you do I am sure, my Queen"

Alicent opened her mouth to argue but decided against it, nodding her head softly at Rhaenyra as Aegon happily talked repeating his sister's name at the sound of it.