Fifty-Eight

The meal tasted even better than it looked. And the nerves from each of us about something accidentally being brought up subsided with every course. Soon we were narrowing in on dessert and Fraser looked giddy to try this pie I'd made.

"I'm so pumped for this" I chuckled.

"I can tell. Prepare to be amazed" I cut some pieces of the pie for everyone and we each put our preferred amount of cream on top. I watched Fraser get some on his fork and put it in his mouth. I held my breath until his eyes went wide and his mouth fell open, still with food in it.

"Oh my god Pruitt, this is fucking amazing" I smiled and took a bite, welcoming in the flavour.

"Thanks"

"No seriously, this is the best pie I've ever tasted" Curious about it, I watched Luke eat some too. His eyes also went wide as he looked at me.

"You mean to tell me I've known you since September and have only just found out you can cook?" I shrugged.

"You never asked."

"Pruitt this is fantastic!"

"It really is good honey, I couldn't have made it better myself" Denise added. Steve, much like his son, was shoveling pie into his mouth so wasn't able to speak but he was nodding approvingly.

"Don't think this means you two are getting any cooked meals any time soon" I addressed Fraser and Luke who both pouted.

"I'll make you cook again, even if it kills me" Luke said.

"You know what Luke? It might just"

After the dinner was done and we'd washed up all the dishes (the three of us college kids offered, seeing as Steve and Denise had hosted and fed us), we all sat down to watch a movie in the living room. I sat between Fraser and Luke on the big couch, while Denise and Steve cuddled on the smaller one.

I had gotten changed into my hoodie and sweats, as well as commandeered a blanket for me to sit under seeing as I was cold. Luke climbed under at some point and so did Fraser, him slowly reaching under to grab my hand while we watched. I didn't make any attempt to look at him and ask with my eyes 'what the hell are you doing?', because I was sure we would get caught. So instead I just allowed it to happen.

Well it was soon clear how badly I'd been sleeping lately because I fell asleep, leaning on Fraser's shoulder about a third of the way into the movie. I hadn't realised I'd done it, and only woke up when I felt myself being moved.

"Relax Pruitt, I'm just carrying you to bed" Fraser's voice came. I was laid down on my bed and I yawned as I climbed under the covers.

"But the movie?"

"Just finished. It's almost 11. Go to sleep" I felt his lips press gently to my head and just like that he was gone. I tried my best to fall asleep again, but it wasn't going to happen. Not for a few hours now anyway. I sighed and pulled out my phone to scroll through it, eventually putting it down in an attempt to sleep again.

A little while later my door opened and closed quietly, someone messing around with the blankets and laying down next to me. A pair of lips found my cheek in the dark as my nose was filled with a familiar scent.

Fraser.

"You awake?" He whispered.

"Yeah"

"Go to sleep"

"I've been trying since you brought me in here" I heard him sigh and felt his arms wrap around me.

"Okay there, sleep now. My alarm is set for 5:30 so that gives us 6 hours for you to sleep uninterrupted" I smiled and pressed my lips to his softly.