Papa, Part 4

3rd Person's POV

The van came to a halt.

The inside of War Zone was bustling with life, a questionable amount of people wanted to buy weapons for some reason.

Valerie thought this would've been some shady shop in some shady alley. This was far from it.

While Eddie's mask did turn some heads, he mostly went unnoticed. Everyone split up to different sections to buy weapons for themselves.

Valerie found herself drawn to the Guns section. She was weighing two revolvers in her hands, trying to decide which one to buy, before tossing them both into her basket.

That's when she heard a familiar voice nearby.

"Nancy Wheeler."

She turned around to see Nancy, and beside her, the one and only, the last person she wanted to see right now, Jason Carver.

"Fuck." She muttered under her breath.

Nancy turned to see Valerie frozen in place, staring at them. One look from Nance, and alarm bells started to go off inside her head.

If Jason was here, his friends must be too.

Jason was just about spot Valerie, when Nancy distracted him, mouthing a quick 'go' towards her direction.

She dropped her basket from her hands and sprinted towards where she thought she last saw Eddie. Thankfully, he was still there, casually twirling an explosive around his fingers.

She snatches the bomb away from his hand and carefully places it back on the shelf, she wouldn't wanna blow the place up, now that would do nothing but bring attention to them.

She wraps an arm around his wrist and guides him through the store, making sure to steer clear of Jason or his buddies.

"Val? Where are we goi-"

"Shut up." She didn't bother looking at him, she was too busy analysing her options, "We can't leave through the front door, someone might see us. Is there another way?"

"There's a back door. But why-"

"Shh. Let's go."

She let him take lead, every once in a while ushering him to go faster, while he just looked dumbfounded.

Once they were out she leaned against the wall, the cold steel of it raising light goosebumps all over her skin. She let out a sigh.

He pulled the mask over his head, running his fingers through the disheveled mess that it left behind.

The last time Valerie ran her fingers through them...well, he seemed to like it. Enough to make him moan her name.

Her cheeks turned pink at the intruding thought.

Eddie noticed it, of course.

He couldn't help the smirk that his lips curled into at the sight, "What's going on in that pretty head of yours?" He instinctively leaned down.

"You horny fucking idiot," Valerie let out a scoff, punching him in the chest, "the goddamn blonde prick is here."

The smile is quicky wiped off of his mouth, "Jason? Why didn't you lead with that?"

"Well what did you think I brought you here for?" She shot him an incredulous look.

"I don't know, I thought- nevermind." He takes a step away, "But since we're on the topic, we should probably talk- Valerie? Val?"