Papa, Part 6

3rd Person's POV

"I thought you were on my side, dude. You were the one telling me to go do something about my feelings-" Eddie rambled on, not even bothering to put Valerie down.

"I didn't think you would actually score!" Steve threw his hands up in the air, "And I definitely didn't think I'd end up walking in on- whatever this is."

Even though no eyes were on Valerie, her entire face was burning. She lightly shoved Eddie away, and got back up on her feet again.

"I'm going back to the van." She mumbled under her breath, hoping the two wouldn't notice her leave.

"And you- we have been looking everywhere for you, and you were back here getting devoured by Eddie?" Steve ran after her.

Valerie rolled her eyes, pulling her lips into a tight smile, "Yes, do you have a problem with that?"

"You guys didn't have to be so graphic Henderson, damn." Steve let out a whine.

"Stop acting like I didn't walk in on you and Nancy having sex multiple times throughout highschool," Valerie physically shuddered at the memory, "Compared to that, we didn't even have our clothes off."

"You were going to take your clothes off-" Steve turned to her with a gaping mouth.

"No. What? That's not what I-"

"I don't wanna hear it!" Steve shook his head and walked ahead, leaving them behind.

Eddie chuckles from beside her, having silently been watching their interaction for the last minute.

"I swear if he tells a single soul in there what he saw, I am going to tear his precious hair off. All of it-"

"Whoa, Val, what is with you wanting to turn us bald?" Suddenly his face brightened up with a grin, "Is it because you're jealous of our hair?"

"If you think the both of you are so good looking, maybe you should go kiss him next time." Valerie shot him a nasty glare.

"Are we feeling possessive already?" He quickly took one of her hands and intertwined their fingers together, lifting it up to place a kiss on her knuckles, "Don't worry Val, I'm all yours."

Somehow that action made her want to curl up into a ball and hide her face behind her hands.

Eddie took her silence and widened eyes as a hint to continue, "And the part about Steve not telling a single soul in there? Well, I think they're going to find out anyways."

"What do you mean?" She quirked his head towards him.

"Well for starters, your hair's a mess." He tugged on her hand to stop her in her tracks.

He pulled her towards him, raking his fingers over her braids, and the baby hairs sticking out, and flattening them all down.

"Are we good to go?" Valerie asked.

Eddie bit down on his lip to keep the laugh from spilling, but his eyes, the same ones that were zoned in on her neck, gave him away, "Not quite."

Her hand instinctively shot up to trace her neck, the sensitive skin tingled underneath the heat from her fingertips.

"Tell me you didn't-"

"Leave marks?" He smiled sheepishly, "I might've left some."

"Okay, well, I guess I'll just go lay down in front of the van and wait for it to run me over-"

"Calm your dramatic ass down," Eddie cut through her rant, before taking off his leather jacket and draping it over her shoulders.

"Zip it up, all the way up to your neck."

"I'm just supposed to enter the van wearing your jacket? That'll give them ideas-"

"Tell them you felt cold-"

"Cold? In this weather?"

"Well, I don't see you having a better plan." Eddie put his hand on his hips.

Valerie sighed, "Okay."

Even though Valerie never had sex before, she was experiencing her very own walk of shame back to the van.

And yet, Eddie could see the afterglow of the kisses radiating off of her. Her body, relaxed. Her lips, temptingly swollen. There was even a hint of a smile that didn't seem to be leaving for quite some time now.

Valerie shot Eddie one last nervous glance before stepping into the van, him entering after her.

Nobody seemed to care about the jacket.

Valerie physically let out a sigh of relief, when Dustin sprinted out of his seat and and looked her up and down with disbelief, "Why are you wearing his jacket?"

"I was cold." Valerie frowned, pulling the jacket closer against her frame defensively.

"You've never given me your jacket before!" Dustin turned to Eddie, betrayal written clear across his features.

Valerie snickered, her brother's priorities clearly lay elsewhere. She ruffled his hair as she walked past him, "Jealous?"

He swatted her hand away, still looking at Eddie.

"Maybe if you weren't so tiny, Henderson." Eddie laughed.

"I'm not tiny- Valerie is just as tiny as me." Dustin huffed.

Before Valerie could take a seat at her previous seat, Robin grabbed her wrist and pulled her back to the furthest seat in the back.

"You missed me that much in the few minutes that I was gone?"

"You so just tangled tongues with Eddie Munson, you sneaky little-"

"Quiet," Valerie hissed, taking a panicked look around to see if anyone heard; thankfully no one did, "I'm pretty sure there weren't any tongues involved. I guess. Actually, now that I think about it-"