Pumpkin Spice with a Hint of Sapphire

Present Day (Again)

*Ring ring ring*

"Zach! Shit! That's your alarm!" Beth was right that was Zach's alarm he was going to be so fucking late. "Shit! Thanks for the coffee, Beth. I'll ring you later." Zach blew her a kiss as he grabbed his coffee and sprinted out of the coffee shop.

'StarStruck Coffee' was about a 25-minute walk from KT University's Sociology Department, and that alarm was Zach's 15-minute timer before his first seminar. He had to run. He didn't have time to marvel at the scenery on his daily walk. Even though he sees it every day it's so different from the countryside where he grew up. Fields and farmhouses were nothing compared to the undeniable beauty of the big city. Normally when Zach's this late he hops on the bus, but it was Tuesday, and the bus doesn't run on Tuesdays.

He checked his watch. Once. Twice. Nope still only have 15 minutes, he hoped a higher power would've helped him out in that moment and made time slow down, but no. Alas he was just a normal kid, living in a normal world. It wasn't like his stories; it was the real world. The boring, unimportant real world.

Zach knew if he didn't hurry up, he would be late; so, he guzzled down his still scalding hot coffee, resulting in his tongue having that awful furry feeling you get when you burn it. He then threw the coffee cup in the bin and made a run for it.

It was difficult to keep a steady pace in the bustling streets of the city, nobody seemed to give two shits about anybody else. Everyone had their own agendas and reasons for being there that day.

However, Zach didn't see it that way. Zach saw it as everyone getting in his way.

Especially the group of girls who he knew were also late because they normally sat behind him making fun of the fact, he goes to an unknown coffee shop instead of, what was basically the girl's habitat at this point, Starbuffs.

Zach knew they'd been there because as he was stuck behind their slow asses, he could smell that revolting pumpkin spice flavouring which was normal in Starbuffs. He supposed him and the girls shared one similarity at least, they all came in every Tuesday with their respective coffees, Zach with his salted caramel lattes, and these girls who somehow even in mid-summer, always had pumpkin spice lattes.

His other best mate took the piss out of him relentlessly for it. Nate White, the only person in any of Zach's seminars he could stand. They always sat with each other, and more often than not they sat Infront of the PS Girls (Pumpkin Spice Girls). This wasn't by any choice of Zach's; he was forced to every-single-day by Nate to sit Infront of them. Zach swore that Nate's favourite hobby was to annoy him because of it.

Zach checked his watch again, because he downed his coffee in seconds, the effects didn't have time to kick in, so he was more angsty than usual. This was bad news for the girls as he barged through them.

"HEY!" he heard one of them scream.

"Watch out!" wait what-

Suddenly, Zach was spun around and had three half full cups of Pumpkin Spice Latte thrown at him. "Lydia! Come on what was that for! It was our fault we were walking slowly!" That was the same girl who told him to watch out and she was also the only one who didn't throw their coffee-

It took Zach a second to realise why, as he scanned the girl, he saw a discarded cup on the floor and then her beautiful cream turtleneck that accentuated all her curves was covered in-

Oh, fuck That was latte. Her latte. All over that lovely sweater.

He was an idiot, and he knew her friends were about to make that deadly obvious.

He looked up slowly taking in every inch of her.

She wore a brown tartan skirt, that cream sweater, a burgundy scarf that fell loosely around her neck and thin framed geometric glasses.

Those eyes.

Behind this girls' glasses, was the most beautiful set of eyes he had ever seen.

Piercing blue, normally girls with blue eyes always looked like they were on the verge of tears, but hers had a shyness about them that intrigued him.

He kept going up. It was as if time had stopped. He didn't even feel the Pumpkin spice slowly seeping into the threads of his overcoat. As his eyes trailed up.

Her golden-brown hair was tied in a singular plait which had flopped lazily over her shoulder, as if it were saying a giant 'fuck you' to this natural beauty.

Sadly, Zach's almost timeless staring came to an end too soon for his liking, as the other three girls grabbed his shoulders and started shaking him like crazy. Oh right-

He barged into them.

Shit-

Zach knew this day was going to be shit. Especially, as he turned back round to the angel with the piercing sapphire eyes, and saw-

She was gone.