Eight

Eight

I watched the coffee machine brew my first coffee of the day. Last night was everything I needed and more.

The sound of Nick running to the door had me excited. A few seconds later. Joseph poked his head around the corner. His bright eyes locked on me and he came running into my arms.

" Hi mama" He muttered into my chest. I grinned as I wrapped my arms around him. I loved that even with them both maturing quickly and in their early teens. They still showed love to me and Nick.

"Missed you, sweets, How was it, did you have fun with uncle James," I asked even though I already knew the answer to that question.

Lucas soon joined us in the kitchen with Nick trailing behind him in his suit and tie ready for work.

" Oh we had a blast Mum. Did you know James bought a brand new car, it even going way faster than dads"

I looked to see Nick shake his head.

" Oh really, did you see what his car was? Maybe we should ask him to give us a drive after we finish at my office today" I suggested.

Both of them giggled and nodded their heads, very eager to get back into that car again. I'm sure it drives very fast.

" I think it was a mustang, it's black with dark grey panels and really black windows," Lucas said, enthusiastically. He almost looked like he was going to boil over with all that excitement.

"All right boys time to get your bags ready to join your mum at work today," Kate said practically skipping into the kitchen.

I smiled and mouthed thank you as she directed the boys upstairs.

Nick kicked off the counter and wrapped his arms around my waist. He pressed his lips to my cheek. "Try not to scare them too much at work" He whispered and instantly earnt a light smack to the chest.

" They are going to love it. I'm going to get Joseph to make me some new designs, show up some of the creators whilst he's at it"

I was excited that it was my time to bring the boys to work. We had about 2 weeks before we needed to decide on their new school. We had our eyes on two different schools that were not far from the house.

We just needed to visit them and see if they are the right fit for the boys.

"And what about Lucas "

I grinned. " I thought I'd let him work with me. Boss people around a little bit and scare a few juniors in the process"

As I said this Nick dropped his jaw, shaking his head. " You really are something else baby, go easy on them"

Just as Nick turned to leave. I narrowed my eyes and pulled him back by his arm. " No kiss?" I pouted my lips at him.

He smirked and wrapped his hand around my neck and pulled me tight against him.

His lips slanted softly against mine. " Greedy girl" he whispered, finally leaning back and simply watching me.

" Mum and Dad are always kissing uncle Benny, it's gross sometimes" Both me and Nick heard Lucas say in the distance.

" Get used to it kid, I've had to experience it for too many years," Ben said with a heavy sigh.

Dramatic much.

I moved away from Nick and smiled at them both. " C'mon boys, shall we go to work," I said as I sealed up my takeaway cup.

They both excitedly followed Ben towards his car.